Efgeeco Type Canvas Bucket

Other traditional odds and sods can be found in here.
Penninelad
Arctic Char

Re: Efgeeco Type Canvas Bucket

Post by Penninelad »

Yes Jeremy I sent them photographs of mine(before I threw it away!). I am thinking of getting them to make me one up as a sample before I ordered anymore. Nigel, is the person who made yours still making them and did he charge? My replacement Tesco re usable carrier bag hold what I need but its a bit garish. Thats probably why I could not catch any barbel on the Trent yesterday!
Mark Davies

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Penninelad wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:16 pm Yes Jeremy I sent them photographs of mine(before I threw it away!). I am thinking of getting them to make me one up as a sample before I ordered anymore. Nigel, is the person who made yours still making them and did he charge? My replacement Tesco re usable carrier bag hold what I need but its a bit garish. Thats probably why I could not catch any barbel on the Trent yesterday!
Mark, it was made by Kernow Bushcraft. He has a Facebook page but has stopping selling at the moment.
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Robbi
Tench

Post by Robbi »

"In the back roads by the rivers of my memory"

Penninelad
Arctic Char

Post by Penninelad »

Thanks for that Robbi but I do not think they would be suitable for my needs. I also suspect these bags would be made in China and I have taken the decision to buy British made goods where possible.
Mark Davies

Champ
Chub

Post by Champ »

After more than two years of searching a friend found an original Efgeeco bucket in little used condition and gifted it to me.I was very lucky.They are hard to find in good condition.I came across well worn ones (and worse) mainly on the well known auction site.Even they went for silly money.I am glad i stuck it out and have the one from my friend.If anyone can reproduce a very near copy to the original i reckon that they would sell.

Barbelseeker
Brown Trout

Post by Barbelseeker »

Mark,
Am excellent gesture - but it is something I have never used or I would assist in buying one.

BendSomeCane
Crucian Carp

Post by BendSomeCane »

Champ wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:44 pm After more than two years of searching a friend found an original Efgeeco bucket in little used condition and gifted it to me.I was very lucky.They are hard to find in good condition.I came across well worn ones (and worse) mainly on the well known auction site.Even they went for silly money.I am glad i stuck it out and have the one from my friend.If anyone can reproduce a very near copy to the original i reckon that they would sell.
Hello Peter,

Could you post a picture please?

Kindest regards

Bendsomecane
http://bendsomecane.blogspot.com/
By the grace of god a Yorkist

Penninelad
Arctic Char

Post by Penninelad »

I had interest from 7/8 Crabtree Society members so with the interest from the TFF we are getting there. I have asked for a sample to be made up. If the Company agree(I've said I will pay for it)I'll post some photographs one here.
Mark Davies

Penninelad
Arctic Char

Post by Penninelad »

I have now paid for two buckets to me made up.As soon as I receive them I will take some photographs a post them on here
I will then ask people who want one to pay in advance including postage and then I will put the full order in.I have negotiated an order for those that have pre ordered rather than having to buy the minimum order of 25.Please note I will be in Ireland for two weeks from Monday so I will not be able to post an photographs for a week or two
Mark Davies

Barbelseeker
Brown Trout

Post by Barbelseeker »

Mark,
Do you want a gillie - I could do with a holiday :Chuckle: Have a good time.

Return to “Other Traditional Items of Tackle”