Modified tackle box

Other traditional odds and sods can be found in here.
Coral Maestro
Chub

Modified tackle box

Post by Coral Maestro »

Here is a small tackle box that I modified for wandering along the river with the essentials:

The foam has seen better days but it's still a useful box.
What do they know of fishing who know only one fish and one way to fish for him?
- Jack Hargreaves.

Mole-Patrol
Brown Trout

Re: Modified tackle box

Post by Mole-Patrol »

Nice job. :Thumb:

But for me there is too much room devoted to the split shot. If you used a multi size dispenser you could use the space for other essential items. I made a smaller tackle box out of a cigar box I found in the charity shop. It has everything I need for a small river session or a few hours fishing when we go off in the motorhome.

Mine might be too minimalistic for some people, but it does have enough for me when I am wandering the small rivers or trying somewhere new on holiday.

Coral Maestro
Chub

Post by Coral Maestro »

Mole-Patrol wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 8:29 pm Nice job. :Thumb:

But for me there is too much room devoted to the split shot. If you used a multi size dispenser you could use the space for other essential items. I made a smaller tackle box out of a cigar box I found in the charity shop. It has everything I need for a small river session or a few hours fishing when we go off in the motorhome.

Mine might be too minimalistic for some people, but it does have enough for me when I am wandering the small rivers or trying somewhere new on holiday.
Neat! I suspect your's weighs a bit less than mine as well.
What do they know of fishing who know only one fish and one way to fish for him?
- Jack Hargreaves.

Santiago
Wild Carp

Post by Santiago »

Nice floats MP! I particularly like the one in the middle.
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

Mole-Patrol
Brown Trout

Post by Mole-Patrol »

Coral Maestro wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 8:32 pm

I tried to incorporate a few floats that would do for small rivers and still waters. Under the scissors is a small spool of tippet material and under the cork hook link holder (cut from a coaster:-99c for three at Action) are a few hook packets. There are some light Catherine leads, Arlesy bombs and large spit shot in the ledgering department. The accessories box is one half of the clam type boxes given away free with Coarse Fishing magazine about ten years ago. I have three plus a Rod Hutchinson endorsed green one. And I fitted a latch to prevent it opening during transit.

Coral Maestro
Chub

Post by Coral Maestro »

Mole-Patrol wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 8:46 pm
Coral Maestro wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 8:32 pm

I tried to incorporate a few floats that would do for small rivers and still waters. Under the scissors is a small spool of tippet material and under the cork hook link holder (cut from a coaster:-99c for three at Action) are a few hook packets. There are some light Catherine leads, Arlesy bombs and large spit shot in the ledgering department. The accessories box is one half of the clam type boxes given away free with Coarse Fishing magazine about ten years ago. I have three plus a Rod Hutchinson endorsed green one. And I fitted a latch to prevent it opening during transit.
I think I've got one of those free clam shell boxes kicking around somewhere!
- Jack Hargreaves.

Harry H
Rainbow Trout

Post by Harry H »

That looks good :Hat: I'm looking to do something similar for my pike fishing.
There are three things that improve with age: wine, friendship and water sense, and there's no short cut.
Anthony Shepherdson

ReelMaker
Brown Trout

Post by ReelMaker »

I don't take anywhere near the tackle you take in your box as I am hindered with a medical condition that I can only take the minium of accessory plus a rod and reel plus stool,but I do seem to manage for an hour or two.Reelmaker

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

I love a tackle box but rarely take one to the bankside these days. In the car yes. Bits in hook packets/ ziplock bags, a pocket of tat n blue fluff, a tube of floats etc does it for me. I stare with incredulity at the work from the likes of Evert etc and think to myself "there's no way I'd take that out on a session just to see it end up in the drink!" It could just be me

Mole-Patrol
Brown Trout

Post by Mole-Patrol »

I used to fill the pockets of a waistcoat / gillet type of thing that was designed for shooting. But having everything in one place is better for me. The tackle box and a small trout net slip into the rear game pocket of the waistcoat and that leaves the smaller front pockets free for bait and a hand towel.

Return to “Other Traditional Items of Tackle”