Traditional rod rests....

Other traditional odds and sods can be found in here.
Pallenpool
Zander

Re: Traditional rod rests....

Post by Pallenpool »

I was fortunate enough to be gifted these rests earlier in the year lovingly crafted by OMR - they are really quite superb.

No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

TrentFisher
Crucian Carp

Post by TrentFisher »

"Bit of hazel... stripped, whittled, whipped and varnished......not too shabby "

I agree RBT...you inspired me to checkout my local hazel stock and make my own.(Many thanks)
Just a little patience needed for your first years cuttings (taken in November to dry) I normally put them to back of the shed and work on them a year later.
A nice piece of hazel make smashing landing net handles too.

All the best
Nige.

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

Yesterday evening ... travelling light. Actually an excuse. I forgot the rod rests. I forgot any weights. I forgot the thermos or sandwiches. I forgot a chair (but did have a cushioned large "carp pad" for my weary body). In fact about the only things I remembered were the permits, some bait in a bucket, landing net and rod and reel with a hook or two and a rather sad, broken, quill float with a rescued "swan shot" from a pocket. Very well organised........ stunning lake though and new for me and only 15 minutes away............... really fantastic .............a "commercial" but limited tickets and creatively managed with islands ... channels ...deliberately left fallen trees and overhangs and, quite frankly after 45 years experience, a model in how to create a "natural" environment and make it viable and sustainable. :cheers:
Rod Rest.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Pallenpool
Zander

Post by Pallenpool »

Barbulus wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:17 pm Yesterday evening ... travelling light. Actually an excuse. I forgot the rod rests. I forgot any weights. I forgot the thermos or sandwiches. I forgot a chair (but did have a cushioned large "carp pad" for my weary body). In fact about the only things I remembered were the permits, some bait in a bucket, landing net and rod and reel with a hook or two and a rather sad, broken, quill float with a rescued "swan shot" from a pocket. Very well organised........ stunning lake though and new for me and only 15 minutes away............... really fantastic .............a "commercial" but limited tickets and creatively managed with islands ... channels ...deliberately left fallen trees and overhangs and, quite frankly after 45 years experience, a model in how to create a "natural" environment and make it viable and sustainable. :cheers:

Rod Rest.JPG
All the ingredients for a perfect angling adventure. Looks a good spot too.
Peter
:Hat:
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

I have some nice lengths of Elm lined up for future use, still in the local hedges mind. The Elm suckers grow up and die when about 12+ foot tall so no harm in taking them.

Return to “Other Traditional Items of Tackle”