Line winders wood metal plastic.

Other traditional odds and sods can be found in here.
Reedling
Catfish

Line winders wood metal plastic.

Post by Reedling »

Further to a post on here by Tonytoned talking about line winder use.....I have a couple of those wooden shot and cap type winders on display but remembered I had a few odds and ends in an old basket that were plastic etc. The clear one has what looks like orange celluloid posts held in place with brass rivets, no name so could be home made. The white plastic multi one is a K.P.Morritt's streamline winder. The metal single is a BM products the 'Dryline'. A couple still have price tickets on as can be seen, they have been locked away so have not been touched apart from a light dust.

Tonytoned
Arctic Char

Re: Line winders wood metal plastic.

Post by Tonytoned »

Very interesting Reedling

Superb collection and history in these winders. It's great to see the different types and varieties. I'm itching to try mine out

:Thumb:

:Hat:

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

Handling them again, I may make up a couple of rigs that I use regularly and stick them on a wood winder and see how I get on. :Thumb:

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

I think I'll have a go at making a few from dowel, wine corks and something from the vast pile of offcuts I've been hoarding.....

Tonytoned
Arctic Char

Post by Tonytoned »

Reedling wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:03 pm Handling them again, I may make up a couple of rigs that I use regularly and stick them on a wood winder and see how I get on. :Thumb:
Thanks for the heads up Reedling :Thumb:

John-A
Stickleback

Post by John-A »

The middle one of the three floats in your photo Tonytoned looks like one of those 'adjustable' range of floats for the match angler.

These were popularised after an article in Angling Times around 1973/4 where Johnny Parsons, a successful match angler of the time was depicted using them.

I have the article somewhere and will post a picture later

Return to “Other Traditional Items of Tackle”