Vintage bite alarm help

Other traditional odds and sods can be found in here.
Shaun Harrison
Zander

Re: Vintage bite alarm help

Post by Shaun Harrison »

BobTheFloat wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:07 pm Thanks for the revamp in this thread guys.
Mr Harrison has taken it to the next level it's getting very interesting
£120.00 is the best offer I have so far managed to get. If anyone on here would like an exceptional example of the Night Jar still with its original packaging...

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

Thanks to Shaun the alarm is now on its way to a B.C.S.G member and will be used in an article about vintage bite alarms and fished with to try catch a carp for the peice using the correct tackle.
My old mate Mick got a fair price he was happy with and most of all its found the right home.
A win win situation
Thank you to all for your input and help :Hat: :cheers:

Shaun Harrison
Zander

Post by Shaun Harrison »

BobTheFloat wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:01 pm Thanks to Shaun the alarm is now on its way to a B.C.S.G member and will be used in an article about vintage bite alarms and fished with to try catch a carp for the peice using the correct tackle.
My old mate Mick got a fair price he was happy with and most of all its found the right home.
A win win situation
I hope Jeff didn't keep you on the phone for too many hours, I forgot to mention he likes to chat. :whistle:

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

Shaun Harrison wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:30 pm
BobTheFloat wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:01 pm Thanks to Shaun the alarm is now on its way to a B.C.S.G member and will be used in an article about vintage bite alarms and fished with to try catch a carp for the peice using the correct tackle.
A win win situation
I hope Jeff didn't keep you on the phone for too many hours, I forgot to mention he likes to chat. :whistle:
:laugh1: We did have a lengthy chat but it was very interesting. Nice old boy knows his stuff :Thumb: :Hat: :cheers:

Keston
Tench

Post by Keston »

Really pleased to see this has gone to a good home .

KevClifford
Minnow

Post by KevClifford »

Somewhat belated contribution to the Nightjar. As far as I'm aware it was a development between Dick Walker and Bill Watson of Hull (a tackle dealer). They were good friends. Whilst they were working on the idea Bill gave me this prototype to test. The idea was a bite alarm that would also sound with drop back bites, unlike the Heron type alarms. I explained this and showed a picture of the prototype in Histrory of Carp Fishing Revisited.

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

KevClifford wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:30 am Somewhat belated contribution to the Nightjar. As far as I'm aware it was a development between Dick Walker and Bill Watson of Hull (a tackle dealer). They were good friends. Whilst they were working on the idea Bill gave me this prototype to test. The idea was a bite alarm that would also sound with drop back bites, unlike the Heron type alarms. I explained this and showed a picture of the prototype in Histrory of Carp Fishing Revisited.
Thanks kev
I have a copy of your book and didn't think to browse it again when this came up :doh:

Return to “Other Traditional Items of Tackle”