Help - New Material for Seat Cover required.

Other traditional odds and sods can be found in here.
PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Help - New Material for Seat Cover required.

Post by PershoreHarrier »

I bought one of the then new adjustable fishing chairs aimed principally at Carp Fishermen in the 1980s which have now become very widely used.

With a lightweight frame and adjustable legs it has served me very well for over 30 years and many hours have been spent sitting and napping on this essential piece of kit. But horror of horrors the canvas has failed and enormous tear has appeared due to the material finally rotting so patching is not an option.

The easy solution would be to buy a complete new adjustable chair and throw the old one away but besides the obvious waste it has a sort of sentimental attachment

So to the solution - with the original canvas cover as a pattern where can I find a suitable length of replacement canvas to have a new cover made + any advice if there is someone out there who could make it.

For the time being the Efgeeco Packaseat has been dusted off and pressed into action and being a late version it used some sort of reinforced plastic covering rather than the canvas on the early variant.

If you can help I will buy you a day ticket to fish one of my local day ticket waters as a thank you.

Shed_Monkey
Grayling

Re: Help - New Material for Seat Cover required.

Post by Shed_Monkey »

PershoreHarrier wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:31 pm I bought one of the then new adjustable fishing chairs aimed principally at Carp Fishermen in the 1980s which have now become very widely used.

With a lightweight frame and adjustable legs it has served me very well for over 30 years and many hours have been spent sitting and napping on this essential piece of kit. But horror of horrors the canvas has failed and enormous tear has appeared due to the material finally rotting so patching is not an option.

The easy solution would be to buy a complete new adjustable chair and throw the old one away but besides the obvious waste it has a sort of sentimental attachment

So to the solution - with the original canvas cover as a pattern where can I find a suitable length of replacement canvas to have a new cover made + any advice if there is someone out there who could make it.

For the time being the Efgeeco Packaseat has been dusted off and pressed into action and being a late version it used some sort of reinforced plastic covering rather than the canvas on the early variant.

If you can help I will buy you a day ticket to fish one of my local day ticket waters as a thank you.
I wonder if Ellen Lawrence could help you?

Cheers
Steve

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

I thought about that Steve and sorry to be a nuisance as I am sure this information I am about to request has been posted before

but

do you have an e.mail address for Ellen Lawrence so I could make an enquiry?

Thanks.

Shed_Monkey
Grayling

Post by Shed_Monkey »

No problem:

ellen.lawrence345@btinternet.com

Good luck

Bjp
Chub

Post by Bjp »

take it to an upholsterers i would think they would be able to do it, there are also car seat trimmers around as well

http://www.actrim.co.uk

that one is in worcester

regards

bjp :Hat:

Leigh

Post by Leigh »

Keith, I have mine at a local sailmakers being repaired and modified.

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

I use an Army supplier outside the gates of Sandhurst.

PeteD
Rudd

Post by PeteD »

I have used these people before for canvas

https://www.whaleys-bradford.ltd.uk

They do all sorts of different weights and types and I am sure they will have something suitable.

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Gentlemen - many thanks for your kind assistance I will start making phone calls on Monday and will keep you posted on the outcome.

Return to “Other Traditional Items of Tackle”