A Passion For Angling

Watched a good fishing film lately, why not talk about it in here.
Marc
Sea Trout

Re: passion for angling

Post by Marc »

Practically wore my VHS copy out.
Marc. (Prince of Durham)

“A life that partakes even a little of friendship, love, irony, humor, parenthood, literature, and music, and the chance to take part in battles for the liberation of others cannot be called 'meaningless'...”

Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Post by Ljm183 »

Prince of Durham wrote:Practically wore my VHS copy out.
Only watched my video version once, now got it on DVD / laptop and memory stick.

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

FabianFred wrote:Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the series on DVD? .. and the other one too... 'Catching the Impossible'...
Direct from Hugh see
http://www.passionforangling.info/
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Kingfisher
Catfish

Post by Kingfisher »

I'll ask this question on Monster Myths here.

When both Anglers got a bit despondant at not being able to catch fish, Bob starts reading a book and a quote probably not from the book that Bob is reading is heard:- "It's as if the lake is haunted, The carp have become ghosts;"!

Can anyone tell me if this quote is from a book? and if so what is the title? and who is the author please?

Thanks in advance, I'd really like to read or buy the book if it is from one. :Hat:

God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling.

Izaak Walton

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

I recognise Paul's pictures of the Longford and lost my only salmon I hooked under the wooden bridge!

Kingfisher
Catfish

Post by Kingfisher »

Kingfisher wrote:I'll ask this question on Monster Myths here.

When both Anglers got a bit despondant at not being able to catch fish, Bob starts reading a book and a quote probably not from the book that Bob is reading is heard:- "It's as if the lake is haunted, The carp have become ghosts;"!

Can anyone tell me if this quote is from a book? and if so what is the title? and who is the author please?

Thanks in advance, I'd really like to read or buy the book if it is from one. :Hat:

Does anybody know what book it was from? I can't remember if it's was from obsessions or not.

Izaak Walton

Julian
Salmon

Post by Julian »

Kingfisher wrote:

Does anybody know what book it was from? I can't remember if it's was from obsessions or not.

I dont think it is from any book, its just what he felt at the time.
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

Kingfisher
Catfish

Post by Kingfisher »

Julian wrote:
Kingfisher wrote:

I dont think it is from any book, its just what he felt at the time.
That's a shame. That reading and the APFA music in the background. I thought to myself "If that's from a book then I have to read it". I must just be yearning for a bloody good read.

Thanks Julian. :Hat:

Izaak Walton

Chris Bettis
Crucian Carp

Post by Chris Bettis »

Passion for Angling was a one off and cannot be repeated. Can anyone advise me where I can buy the DVD version please?

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Chris Bettis wrote:Passion for Angling was a one off and cannot be repeated. Can anyone advise me where I can buy the DVD version please?
Try the APFA website Chris. :Hat:

http://www.passionforangling.info/passion%20for.html
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Return to “Fishing Films”