Match using cane only..

Watched a good fishing film lately, why not talk about it in here.
Old Man River
Eel

Re: Match using cane only..

Post by Old Man River »

Even though I apparently reside some way north of many of you, I could be persuaded to participate , as long as it doesnt clash with my many other pursuits. ( Actually my other halfs pursuits mainly ,she is something of a photography buff, and I m regularly coerced into acting the porter ) Thus spread myself thin these days....

I may find a deerstalker amongst my many hats, I really need a 4 oz bonus !

OMR

OMR
Hurrumph....... whatever happened to Handlines ?

Stuart Whiting

Post by Stuart Whiting »

Oh happy days hey, love old video footage like that.......I didn't ask to be carried though at the end :Chuckle:

Nice to see the first Cane and Pin match organised, can see this one being a gooden :Thumb:

GhyllManor
Grayling

Post by GhyllManor »

Bless em all!! simple pleasures from a bygone age :)

Richard Jackson
Brown Trout

Post by Richard Jackson »

AshbyCut wrote:
Penninelad wrote:Who is going to organise the first TFF "Cane & Pin" match? I would enter even though I have not fished in a match for over 45 years. A suitable canal would give everybody a fair chance.How about you organising it Mal?
Leave it with me, Gentlemen All. For various reasons 2016 hasn't been a red letter year for me as far as angling goes (apart from a certain 'accidental' carp !!!) ... so I'm hoping that 2017 will be a new dawn for me.

(If it was to be on a canal I'd be assiduously checking the 'Waterway Wanderers" permits, of course !!! ;-) )
Maybe grantham canal? Cotgrave stretch ,i believe it is dayticket of chesterfield canal at retford,if maybe Someone could have a word with derby angling club
I spend most of my life fishing the Rest i just waste

Penninelad
Arctic Char

Post by Penninelad »

When we all gather for the match could I suggest we find a suitable location where we can have a Wallis casting competition either before or after the match. I will donate a bottle of malt whiskey(I am open to suggestions as to the brand) for the winner. This may give TFF members an incentive to practice and improve their technique. Discuss?
Mark Davies

Duebel
Rainbow Trout

Post by Duebel »

That's a fantastic idea! I won't be able to attend the match but will practice my wallis casting skills and will have a nice glass of single malt per yard. What about Highland Park?
Greetings from Bamberg
Martin

Return to “Fishing Films”