Jack Hargreaves out of town -the lost episodes

Watched a good fishing film lately, why not talk about it in here.
Aaron

Jack Hargreaves out of town -the lost episodes

Post by Aaron »

Has any well -heeled forum member invested in the lost episodes dvd box i wonder?
Originally, the best part of £200, it can be found here at £80 delivered http://www.dvdgold.co.uk/natural-world/ ... ?source=aw
Still a bit rich for me i'm afraid. particularly, as a number of episodes seem to be the same as those on the general OOT release, which I did invest in.
I am particularly interested in an episode featuring a Tom Williams (presumably, the riverkeeper of 'Tom's river' fame) catching a Hampshire Avon salmon...
I'm hoping someone can confirm that this is indeed he, before I start my savings scheme in earnest! :fishing1:

MGs
Pike

Re: Jack Hargreaves out of town -the lost episodes

Post by MGs »

I have the standard boxed set, which is fine. I agree, not sure I want to shell out that much to duplicate some of the episodes
Old car owners never die....they just rust away

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

If you have Facebook Aaron it maybe worth asking here as well https://www.facebook.com/groups/JackHargreaves
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Snape wrote:If you have Facebook Aaron it maybe worth asking here as well https://www.facebook.com/groups/JackHargreaves
What a great link - it seems that the 'lost episodes' are to be released individually over the coming months, so i may not have to start my savings scheme after all! Many thanks.... :dance2:

SparkyLee
Bleak

Post by SparkyLee »

Got to stop going on Amazon
Another purchase thanks to this forum

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

I bought both the lost episodes, and the earlier DVD releases as well as both Jack's books and his biography back in Winter.

An episode and a chapter a day kept me going nicely until Spring arrived.

Not cheap..well the books are on Amazon...but worth every penny!

MrCrabtree
Rudd

Post by MrCrabtree »

I have only just started viewing "Out of Town,The Lost Episodes" with Jack Hargreaves which were given to me last year. Absolutely fascinating and informative. It's not only the fishing items but so far I have found all the programs totally enthralling though I was a little confused to find an item on sea fishing shown on disc 1 to be repeated on disc 3. I am probably a little ignorant on some old fishing items but Jack's float tube/ maggot throwing stick was a first for me.
To me these clips from the past are far better than many modern DVDs' about the countryside. Country File eat your heart out.
I can only say if you are still not sure what your loved ones should buy you for Christmas, ask for this boxset. You will not regret it.
Mike

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

On the telly the other day they were saying that a lot of their old and rare stored film footage is to be digitized. Whilst watching the programme I noticed a case that had 'Southern television' printed on the side, I wonder if there is any old programmes hosted by Jack in there?

Moley
Brown Trout

Post by Moley »

Aaron wrote:I am particularly interested in an episode featuring a Tom Williams (presumably, the riverkeeper of 'Tom's river' fame) catching a Hampshire Avon salmon...
I'm hoping someone can confirm that this is indeed he, before I start my savings scheme in earnest! :fishing1:
It is the one and the same. I remember this episode as Tom made the catching look so casual :Hat:

In reality Tom Williams could be a little cantankerous at times but would cheer up at the suggestion, by yours truly, of a share of my flask :Thumb:

I suppose he would be referred to as a character nowadays......he certainly was :Hahaha:

As ever,......

Moley
Last edited by Moley on Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Say aye tae'a pie!

Santiago
Wild Carp

Post by Santiago »

Jack Hargreaves co hosted How, and that program was mentioned in the news report on digitalising old tv shows. How was possibly the best kids tv show, ever!
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

Return to “Fishing Films”