More nets

Traditional landing nets large and small.
Old Man River
Eel

Re: More nets

Post by Old Man River »

You seem to be amassing a collection there Richard. I am similar, I have at the moment 6 Nets decorating the house, from one larger than your largest, to one for small silvers, and everything in between,two are for fellow TFF"ers, the others are for my own use... although it seems hard enough for me to catch a fish at all atm, let alone use a net.

I am collecting a few spare replacement nets this week, so when I get back home after the holidays there will be a couple more to add to the collection, when the work is done, one may just appear on the classified sect on here, maybe, if I can bring myself to sell it.
Luckily it is just a hobby, the day when there is pressure to complete a job,whatever it is, it is no longer a pleasant hobby.

OMR
Hurrumph....... whatever happened to Handlines ?

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

A very nice set of nets Richard, well done indeed. The oak dowel is a good idea for the smaller nets.

Wal.

Richard Jackson
Brown Trout

Post by Richard Jackson »

Reedling wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:45 am Very nice indeed and I hope you christen them soon. I purchased one of those spreader blocks like on your small net and wondered if I could make a hoop from a length of Bamboo cane. An idea that I will probably never get around to..a bit like my float making.
Hi Reedling , I made one from bamboo but could not get it to bend very easily despite boring through the middle and applying lots of heat
I spend most of my life fishing the Rest i just waste

Richard Jackson
Brown Trout

Post by Richard Jackson »

Wallys-Cast wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:03 pm A very nice set of nets Richard, well done indeed. The oak dowel is a good idea for the smaller nets.

Wal.
Hi Wal , the oak dowel is easy to work with but the grain raises quiet a lot while steaming so required a fair bit of sanding but it is easy to shape and dries pretty fast
I spend most of my life fishing the Rest i just waste

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

They are all lovely, well done! :Hat:
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

Return to “Traditional Landing Nets”