Efgeeco landing net frame question

Traditional landing nets large and small.
Duckett
Tench

Re: Efgeeco landing net frame question

Post by Duckett »

Reedling wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:35 am I am pretty sure it has been replaced at some point Duckett, it was just that it looked like it had a bit of age to it. Thankfully no damage so will keep as is, but those rubberised nets look good and I have found them on the net should I ever need one.
I moved to rubberised nets as, until taking up cane and 'pin a few years ago, most of my angling was with lures. The general consensus in the lure fishing community is that rubber nets, with slightly larger mesh, are much kinder to our predators, particularly bass. Obviously, they are also better for river and sea, causing less resistance. The problem I have had is sourcing replacement rubber nets, with Snowbee seemingly the only easy ones to purchase and those in 60 and 70 inch only.

Just seen the photo of your current net and, yes, that is tight! I'm wondering if the Snowbee 70 inch would be sufficient.

Should you find a source of smaller replacement rubber nets Reedling, I'd love to hear about it. I have several old landing net frames, including a 12 inch Japanned one, that I'd like to fit with rubberised nets.

Edit: I should have said, the other 2 advantages of the Snowbee nets is that they are flat bottomed and not as stupidly deep as some modern carp nets.
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

I will let you know if I do Duckett, the 60 and 70 are the ones I have found on the net. I called it 'snug' as that is the word I use when my wife is trying a new dress on and she is trying to get into a smaller size after a session of weight watchers. :Hahaha:

Mattjb
Minnow

Post by Mattjb »

Just a heads up for anyone wanting to replace the mesh on a 24" efgeeco head. I bought the 60" snowbee rubber mesh after reading this thread but it was too small, I have bought the 72" mesh instead and it fits the frame well.
Matt

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

Mattjb wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:32 pm Just a heads up for anyone wanting to replace the mesh on a 24" efgeeco head. I bought the 60" snowbee rubber mesh after reading this thread but it was too small, I have bought the 72" mesh instead and it fits the frame well.
Matt
Silent scream! :oops: :oops: I just read your post and, after re-reading my comments, I went to check my original Snowbee order. My memory clearly failed me because you are absolutely correct, I purchased the 72” net for my 24” frame. I’ll go back and change the error now, so that no one else is misled, but I wanted to thank you and record the fact that I’ve corrected the original post I typed.

Cheers Mattjb. :Hat:
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Mattjb
Minnow

Post by Mattjb »

No problem! I even measured the frame before I ordered the mesh and thought 60" seemed small but still ordered a 60"! I will stick the 60" back on eBay sometime.The 72" fits great!
Mattjb

Return to “Traditional Landing Nets”