Replacement netting

Traditional landing nets large and small.
Wagtail
Arctic Char

Replacement netting

Post by Wagtail »

Has anyone got experience of buying replacement netting?

Searching online it seems that both Snowbee and Sharpes of Aberdeen supply replacement nets that look suitable for traditional-style landing nets. They are similarly priced, and from the photos perhaps the Sharpes' ones have the edge in appearance and quality. I'm looking for something with an open weave that won't cause too much drag when netting fish in a fast current.

Any experiences/comments Gents? :Hat:
'The Chub is a very controversial fish. He has a strong army of supporters, but he has an almost equally strong army of detractors. The trouble is that the detractors do not know what they are talking about'. L. Vernon-Bates

Robbi
Tench

Re: Replacement netting

Post by Robbi »

only ever used the Snowbee ones, never had any issues and look good.
"In the back roads by the rivers of my memory"

Old Man River
Eel

Post by Old Man River »

Interested in any answers to his myself..

OMR
Hurrumph....... whatever happened to Handlines ?

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

The Snowbee ones look good on traditional nets but they are a bit deep. I tie a knot in mine to shorten it when Roach fishing and if Carp are in frame then undo the knot and it's long enough to contain a good double.

Wal.

Wagtail
Arctic Char

Post by Wagtail »

My home made net project is now under way, but also a rather interesting antique frame has been acquired that will need a mesh too :Wink:

So, for anyone interested in knowing how the Snowbee/Sharpes ones compare I have bought a Snowbee one through my local tackle shop and also placed an online order with Sharpes. Once that arrives I will let you know what they are like :Hat:
'The Chub is a very controversial fish. He has a strong army of supporters, but he has an almost equally strong army of detractors. The trouble is that the detractors do not know what they are talking about'. L. Vernon-Bates

Return to “Traditional Landing Nets”