Steve Woolley landing net handle, and net

Traditional landing nets large and small.
Regular_Caster
Gudgeon

Steve Woolley landing net handle, and net

Post by Regular_Caster »

I wondered if the Steve Woolley landing net handle and vintage landing net head, on that well known auction site had been perused by anyone else on here, or was it just of interest to me? :Confused:

Olly
Wild Carp

Re: Steve Woolley landing net handle, and net

Post by Olly »

No I was watching it - but something better, not a net though, came to my attention!

Regular_Caster
Gudgeon

Post by Regular_Caster »

I thought price wise it wasn't bad for that. It reminds me very much of the lading net used by our newest member in APFA episode 6.

Ohh, what was it that took your attention?

Pallenpool
Zander

Post by Pallenpool »

Good afternoon Regular_Caster,
I am watching this - (I cannot believe it did not go first time round) maybe Steven is not so well known for his net making capabilities as he is for the exquisite rods he crafts. I do know Mark (our steadfast administrator) rates them - see his comments on my post. I would say it is a veritable bargain at the current price. If your unsure regarding the quality of the handle I have recently posted some pictures of a Walker inspired net made by Steven - it is of exceptional quality - take a look - it's the post next to yours. If you decide to go for it - you will not be disappointed.
Best
P.
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

Regular_Caster
Gudgeon

Post by Regular_Caster »

Thanks P, I am rather pleased I popped in a last minute bid and paid the opening amount of £70. I was rather shocked I didn't have anyone else bidding against me to be honest!

It really looked perfect for my trips to the river for Perch and Chub, and any other fish I'm lucky enough to have!

Pallenpool
Zander

Post by Pallenpool »

Well Done Sir, I am also surprised it did not garner more interest - as I have said perhaps Steven is not on the map for creating fine nets - if this had been made by 3 or 4 other makers (I am sure you know the ones I mean) the interest would have been far far greater as would be the bids and final price. Still it's your gain, I am sure you will really appreciate your purchase. What net do you plan to use with the handle?
Best regards
P.
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

Regular_Caster
Gudgeon

Post by Regular_Caster »

Thanks very much P, I was really rather pleased.

The net it comes with looks great, but I know that the mesh although knot-less, still has quite large holes, so I might think about to have a newer finer mesh fitted to the same frame.
Short term I have an older Drennan one with modern fine mesh, but still looks traditional with no large logos or anything like that, which will fill the gap potentially for now till I decide.

Pallenpool
Zander

Post by Pallenpool »

It sounds like you have all the bases covered - Well done once again.
Best regards
P.

Heraclitus

Regular_Caster
Gudgeon

Post by Regular_Caster »

Thank you very much sir!

Pallenpool
Zander

Post by Pallenpool »

Good morning, I was wondering what your thoughts are after receiving your splendid new net?
Regards P.

Heraclitus

Return to “Traditional Landing Nets”