Dave Austin Set

Traditional landing nets large and small.
AshbyCut
Honorary President

Dave Austin Set

Post by AshbyCut »

When this appeared suddenly as a 'newly listed' item on a certain internet auction site tonight ... I simply HAD to pounce.

It's a flamed tonkin cane landing net handle and, and a net with 29in. arms, 30in. wide at the head ... with a total length of 91in. ... together with a pair of 27.5in. banks sticks in flamed cane to match the handle.

The maker is Dave Austin (enneyalice on e**y, with whom I have had the pleasure to deal on a few occasions previously), so I know it will be quality tackle !

"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Re: Dave Austin Set

Post by Loop Erimder »

Very nice Mal
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Paul D

Post by Paul D »

Very nice Mal, I've dealt with Dave, a real gent, I know he visits the TFF as a guest. Kind regards Dave if you see this :Hat:

SkimmingTheCream
Chub

Post by SkimmingTheCream »

Very nice Mal, have you had to buy a larger net to fit your carp in now that you are a specimen carp fisher of repute ? :Chuckle:

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

Very stylish Mal; you'll get your thirty in that no problem!
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

Dave used to be a regular at the boot fairs on Sheppey, have not seen him for years... Hello Dave, if you view this. John who had your flick tip etc.

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

Very nice indeed I was lucky enough to snap up the other net Dave had for sale with the red whippings and split cane handle along with one of his tri rests he really is a mastercraftsman

Paul D

Post by Paul D »

And he does it all from his dinning table, I had the privilege of going to Daves house to collect my bank sticks.

Rod
Grayling

Post by Rod »

I have a pair of Dave's tripods, and some of his bank sticks, I couldn't recommend him highly enough, I have had numerous people comment on the tripods, which I tend to use when on holiday, as they pack down quite small, and I can manage to squeeze them in the small Effeeco seat box. :Thumb:
An old man, who's only pleasure left in life, is sitting by some water, fiddling with his maggots?

Martin James
Eel

Post by Martin James »

Dave Austin is a great craftsman, I have 2 landing nets different sizes with handles, also some bank stick with Dave's rod rest heads, just recently for my 80th birthday, Dave sent ma a one off catapult made of cane and brass where the handle can be used as a priest, certainly a prized possesion, my son has been told not to sell the item when I pass away.

Return to “Traditional Landing Nets”