Another possible Kk W spring reel [uncomfirmed]

The Kenny Kendall Reels forum.
Chavender
Eel

Another possible Kk W spring reel [uncomfirmed]

Post by Chavender »

This is another reel rumoured to be a early Kenny Kendal reel ,as with other reels by Kk they're similar too but not identical original other peoples reels ,Im not sure as to which reel its like though (not too dissimilar from the trotting reel with W spring) ,there's at least two known KK versions . one standard one caged/shielded ,both have the six sided W style spring found on another suspected Kk reel .but these look quite different style of reel .these aren't true pins ,as they don't latch onto the spindle but has a winch screw instead .these have been described as sheffield style reels (not trotting reels) .

the standard one being 4"
the caged one being 4 .1\4" or so

nice looking reels ,I have one of the standard versions (below) and it was described as being a Sheffield style reel from leeds

like the trotter reel with the same six sided spring ,theres been no direct provenance or link too Kk but its defiantly in their style of reel .you don't see many ,but like other Kk reels they come along like busses...Can't say for sure 100% they're Kenny Kendall reels but if this is ,so is the trotter reels ..
Last edited by Chavender on Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! Steve

Chavender
Eel

Re: Another possible Kk W spring reel [uncomfirmed]

Post by Chavender »

A shielded / caged version of this Sheffield style reel that's possibly where made by Kk & co .a bit like a cross between the gough style reel and the trotter reel .

I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! Steve

Return to “Kenny Kendall Reels”