Hardy Altex stripdown.

This section is for tackle manuals, booklets and information sheets etc.
Wallys-Cast
Pike

Hardy Altex stripdown.

Post by Wallys-Cast »

A Hardy booklet for dealers to repair the Altex reel.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Nigel Rainton
Rainbow Trout

Re: Hardy Altex stripdown.

Post by Nigel Rainton »

There's enough information there to tell me not to attempt any tinkering.

Robbi
Tench

Post by Robbi »

wonderful information....thank you :)
"In the back roads by the rivers of my memory"

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

Nigel Rainton wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:51 pm There's enough information there to tell me not to attempt any tinkering.
Funnily enough, having found that an interesting read, as someone who likes to fettle with reels it may just have persuaded me not to invest in a reel I don't have!!
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Duckett wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:29 pm
Nigel Rainton wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:51 pm There's enough information there to tell me not to attempt any tinkering.
Funnily enough, having found that an interesting read, as someone who likes to fettle with reels it may just have persuaded me not to invest in a reel I don't have!!
Reading about it makes it sound more complicated than it really is so dont let it stop you buying one.
A couple of simple tools can be made which will help if you are going to do Altex repairs on a regular basis but once you have done a few of them, they are really nice to work on. Spares are the main concern but some worn parts can be given new life with a bit of work.

Wal.

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

Wallys-Cast wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:19 pm
Duckett wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:29 pm
Reading about it makes it sound more complicated than it really is so dont let it stop you buying one.
A couple of simple tools can be made which will help if you are going to do Altex repairs on a regular basis but once you have done a few of them, they are really nice to work on. Spares are the main concern but some worn parts can be given new life with a bit of work.

Wal.
Cheers Wal. If I'm honest, I've always preferred the looks of the Exalta. Having dipped my toe in Hardy reels for the first time in the last year with a Hardex (I love the feel and simplicity of them) and a Conquest, I suspect my wading up to my knees Hardy will be an Exalta!

I'm not suggesting for a moment that an Altex would be stepping in over my head. That was the ABU7000 I stripped down as a teenager when I was trying to improve my casting distance!
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Return to “Tackle Manuals”