Centre pin reel free to good home!

The Other Reels forum.
Gudgeon Basher
Dace

Re: Centre pin reel free to good home!

Post by Gudgeon Basher »

I think the bug has well and truly bitten, I can't stop just spinning it in my hand, it's quite therapeutic.

I just hope I get on with it on the bank as it looks huge, but I'm sure all will be well.

Rod
Grayling

Post by Rod »

GB if you are float fishing, I would advise you to keep the check on, I know you cant do this if you are trotting a float, and it is a bit noisy as you pull the line off, if static, but it stops over runs till you get used to it. I tend to use the Nottingham cast, where you pull the line off between as many rings as you can reach, with one loop over each of four fingers, then let go as I cast, this usually will get me up to 10 yards out past the rod tip. This is not the best explanation, so you might do better looking it up online, but it does make controlling the line a lot easier.
Rod
An old man, who's only pleasure left in life, is sitting by some water, fiddling with his maggots?

Jeremy Croxall
Zander

Post by Jeremy Croxall »

I tend to Wallis cast, I just have to be careful not to hit the far bank though or a train on the railway beyond, that really makes the reel scream..... :liar:
"Oh for want of rod and line I'd fish this stream serene, sublime".

Gudgeon Basher
Dace

Post by Gudgeon Basher »

To be honest I will just be happy if the float ends up in the lake to begin with as it all sounds a bit complicated to me

Peter Wilde
Rudd

Post by Peter Wilde »

Just have a go! I am fairly carp (anagram!) at casting but have much enjoyed my pins over the last couple of years, and caught some fish.

Lovely story of generosity and encouragement on this thread - well done all!

Gudgeon Basher
Dace

Post by Gudgeon Basher »

Peter Wilde wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:53 pm Just have a go! I am fairly carp (anagram!) at casting but have much enjoyed my pins over the last couple of years, and caught some fish.

Lovely story of generosity and encouragement on this thread - well done all!
Don't worry I am definitely going to give it a go as soon as I can get a day off work where it isn't either hammering down with rain or snowing!

I will hopefully post some pictures then, maybe even some with fish in them God willing :Beg:

Return to “Other Reels”