Ru

The Other Reels forum.
Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Re: Ru

Post by Ljm183 »

Duckett wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:21 pm Thanks for that Lee. Don’t know why the Mer name didn’t jump out at me at the time.

Probably a good job I did bottle it. So far I’ve not felt tempted to try traditional tackle for my bass fishing. When I cover 2-3 miles of coast, casting and retrieving a lure every 10 yards or so in a 4-6 hour session, lightness really does matter!
Iv just picked up a Davenport & Fordham Farstrike “The Clive Gammon Bass Rod”, 11’6” 2 piece green hollow glass,in a joblot, still got the plastic on the cork

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

Ljm183 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:10 am
Duckett wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:21 pm Thanks for that Lee. Don’t know why the Mer name didn’t jump out at me at the time.

Probably a good job I did bottle it. So far I’ve not felt tempted to try traditional tackle for my bass fishing. When I cover 2-3 miles of coast, casting and retrieving a lure every 10 yards or so in a 4-6 hour session, lightness really does matter!
Iv just picked up a Davenport & Fordham Farstrike “The Clive Gammon Bass Rod”, 11’6” 2 piece green hollow glass,in a joblot, still got the plastic on the cork
I'm stretching my memory here but that's a light beachcaster for bait work isn't it? Even back in the 70s and 80s, I always preferred lighter spinning and plugging techniques for my bass fishing. The one area of lure fishing I do enjoy going traditional for is for Perch and Jacks, with a very light Milwards spinning rod and a Mitchell CAP. That set-up works as well as it ever did with Mepps and is ok for Drop Shotting and light jigs.
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Post by Ljm183 »

Another Ru joins the team

This time it,s a Ru-Sport

Return to “Other Reels”