Mill Tackle Company

The Other Reels forum.
Duckett
Tench

Mill Tackle Company

Post by Duckett »

Thanks to the generosity of my girlfriend, and my 56th birthday, I've just scheduled a reel experience day with Gary. I don't remember being this excited about something fishing related since I landed my first Crucian as a teenager! Talk about a child being given the key to the sweet factory!
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Harry H
Rainbow Trout

Re: Mill Tackle Company

Post by Harry H »

I'm sure you'll have a great day with Gary he's a really nice guy just a pity you won't get to see some of the old rare sweeties he had before his recent misfortune.
There are three things that improve with age: wine, friendship and water sense, and there's no short cut.
Anthony Shepherdson

Keston
Tench

Post by Keston »

What a wonderful birthday treat . Hard to imagine anything better :Happy:

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

A splendid gift ... a splendid chap ... and you'll come away with a splendid unique reel. Congratulations, Sir.
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

RBTraditional
Catfish

Post by RBTraditional »

Luverlyjubberly! Enjoy your day and treasure the memory
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

A wonderful birthday gift!
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

Thank you folks. I shall post some pictures of the results in December.
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

I promised that I would post some photographs after my reel experience day with Gary Mills. The first thing to say is that I had an absolutely fantastic time and learnt more about centrepin reels in that one day than I have learnt in all of my years fishing.

Gary isn't only a fine craftsman, he's an artist who helped me to come away with a new 'pin that combines what I wanted for my purposes with what Gary thought was the best for those purposes and fantastic looks (that's the 'pin, not me!).

I'm an office wallah who hasn't done any metal working since I was at school. So, the opportunity to do some riveting, thread cutting, working on line lays, as well as bits of assembly on my own reel, was unforgettable and a joy.

I've posted 4 photographs below. The first of Gary showing me how to rivet a line lay into position and then three of the final reel.

Keston
Tench

Post by Keston »

My my how utterly fantastic :Thumb:

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Not just a reel to treasure ... an experience of a lifetime. Splendid. :Hat:
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Return to “Other Reels”