strikeright tideflo

The Other Reels forum.
Bargee
Bleak

strikeright tideflo

Post by Bargee »

I have a battered old strikeright tideflo (the model with the brass adjustable 'drag' nut in the centre of the spool). I use it on my canal boat - it sometimes lives on the roof for a couple of weeks at a time!! I bought it specifically for that purpose and only paid £3.00 for it. I actually quite like it and despite it being battered and rusty would like to give it a bit of a service. However, I find the spool will not come off to gain access to the interior. The centre drag nut seems to be held on somehow. Anybody got a clue how to remove this? Or is it supposed to be like that?!

Bjp
Chub

Re: strikeright tideflo

Post by Bjp »

its an art form i can tell you, i have a pair one comes of easy the other a right basket best way i can describe it is it is a bit like a child proof lock on a bottle of pills loosen it right off then push down and turn it should pop up a bit then you pull it off, just done one still cant do the other

regards

bjp :Hat:

Bjp
Chub

Post by Bjp »

ah ha just got the other off really had to wind the knob hard until it stops then pull up, the knob has a hole with a flat side the pin also has been cut flat on one side got to line them up, hard to do when you can't see them but it works good luck

regrads

bjp :Hat:

Bargee
Bleak

Post by Bargee »

Thanks for that bjp, I'll give it a try...

Return to “Other Reels”