Fisher 7

The K. P. Morritts Reels forum.
Wagtail
Arctic Char

Fisher 7

Post by Wagtail »

I bought this off ebay, along with an Intrepid Standard, for a massive 99p + post for the pair :)

Not a reel you see often, that is unless you regularly re-read the Ladybird book about Coarse Fishing. I've always wondered what the fixed spool reel in the illustration was - and now I know :Thumb:

Like a lot of Intrepids it is ambidextrous, the other end of the winding shaft being covered by the ubiquitous plastic cap - but for this reel it is red rather than the usual black. As is often the case it was missing on my reel :( If anyone has a red cover they don't need :Beg:

'The Chub is a very controversial fish. He has a strong army of supporters, but he has an almost equally strong army of detractors. The trouble is that the detractors do not know what they are talking about'. L. Vernon-Bates

Mark
Head Bailiff

Re: Fisher 7

Post by Mark »

A bargain Wagtail.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

It's a sort of updated version of the Monarch Mk 1 and Mk2 reels, using the same spools and 'tension nut,' but having the ambidextrous option.

See here for the Intrepid range, and click on the Fisher 7 option :-

http://www.intrepidreel.com/reels.html
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Wagtail
Arctic Char

Post by Wagtail »

Mark wrote:A bargain Wagtail.
I bought the pair just to get the Fisher 7, as the Standard was described as not working. When they arrived all that was needed to fix it was to refit the bale arm the right way round :huray:
'The Chub is a very controversial fish. He has a strong army of supporters, but he has an almost equally strong army of detractors. The trouble is that the detractors do not know what they are talking about'. L. Vernon-Bates

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

99p? - You just don't care do you, spend, spend, spend. :Chuckle:

Wagtail
Arctic Char

Post by Wagtail »

Dave Burr wrote:99p? - You just don't care do you, spend, spend, spend. :Chuckle:
:Happy: :Happy: :Happy: :Happy:

Ajsrider
Minnow

Post by Ajsrider »

Hi Wagtail
I had the feeling that the Fisher 7 was marketed at the Woolworths type of shop by 'Intrepid' There was just something about the box on mine that made me feel that way. I do believe that they are a fairly rare find these days so well done. See if you can find a Carbon Fibre Sea Streak as one went on Ebay some time ago for £148!!
Good luck with your searching.

Stingray
Grayling

Post by Stingray »

Just got my Intrepid Rola out and compared it to your photo - the Rola looks to be a pimped up version of the Fisher 7 with its roller pick-up and easy oil torpedo knob - I've got a feeling the Fisher 7 is relatively rare.

Moley
Brown Trout

Post by Moley »

AshbyCut wrote:It's a sort of updated version of the Monarch Mk 1 and Mk2 reels, using the same spools and 'tension nut,' but having the ambidextrous option.

See here for the Intrepid range, and click on the Fisher 7 option :-

http://www.intrepidreel.com/reels.html
The Fisher 7 also has an internal trip on the bail arm, rather than bashing into the stem to close it.......a far superior reel then!

Also the red accoutrements give the reel a stylish a la mode look and match the Mole eyes nicely :Chuckle:

The Monarch series are just plain cheap by comparison :eyebrow:
As ever,...........

Mole Power!!! :cold:
Say aye tae'a pie!

The Mudway Dangler
Minnow

Post by The Mudway Dangler »

I have a Fisher 7 which has not only lost its Red '7' but the spool has gone missing. If anyone can offer me a replacement spool (from a Consort perhaps) I would be most grateful
Paul
To catch is good, to return your catch is better.....

Return to “K. P. Morritts Reels”