3 in 2 days!

The K. P. Morritts Reels forum.
Pops1980

3 in 2 days!

Post by Pops1980 »

I'm so chuffed with myself, yesterday I won 2 x Surfcasts for less than a tenner inc postage and I've just secured an Elite in immaculate condition. River and Lake scenarios are now covered. I think i'll use one of the Surfcasts as a donor reel, can't wait to get my hands on them! Feel like a kid at Christmas! :dancing:

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Re: 3 in 2 days!

Post by AshbyCut »

Well done, Sir !
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

GazTheAngler

Post by GazTheAngler »

I'll have to get my surfcast out for a clean
I'm going to pike fish with it this winter wonderland

Pops1980

Post by Pops1980 »

Took the Elite apart to have a look and all seems in order. Never seen one before so what are the 3 clutch settings about? I know one is just the clutch and one for back winding but the top setting has left me baffled! Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

The anti-reverse lever has three settings ...

a) Anti-reverse and ratchet on.
b) Anti-reverse and ratchet off.
c) Anti-reverse off but ratchet on.
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Stingray
Grayling

Post by Stingray »

AshbyCut wrote:
c) Anti-reverse off but ratchet on.
AKA Tru-Play - a compensated clicker producing a similar effect as those found on many fly reels and centrepin reels - a very useful feature -

Tru-Play was featured on three Intrepid fixed spools - Elite, Surfcast and Cresta and also on two Intrepid multipliers - Sea-streak and Carbon Fibre Sea-Streak.

Pops1980

Post by Pops1980 »

Gents, thank you very much indeed. I love this Forum because of people like you, hopefully in time I will be knowledgeable enough to help others too. Thanks again, Sirs.

Return to “K. P. Morritts Reels”