Redditch Tackle Fair

This is the place where forthcoming events like fishing tackle fairs, game fairs, book launches and similar events can be posted.
Penrhos
Minnow

Re: Redditch Tackle Fair

Post by Penrhos »

I popped in for an hour or so, looking for a user Trudex....didn't come home with one this time but there was some nice stuff on show and had a pleasant couple of hours checking out bits of the Bristol Avon on the way back.

Would have said hello if I'd have known who was who!

PeteD
Rudd

Post by PeteD »

An enjoyable morning as usual. I nearly came away without buying anything (Other than my bacon roll). But just as I was about to leave I was tempted by a Chapmans 500 in need of some repair and a refurb. The deal was done for the princely sum of £30 and I now have a rod I have been after for a while and a great winter project to keep me occupied.

I normally always look forward to buying the latest issue of Fallon's Angler at the fair, but unfortunately Garrett and friends were not there yesterday.

MrCrabtree
Rudd

Post by MrCrabtree »

Hi Shropshire Lad
It was me who sold you the book.
I'm glad you are pleased with it
regards
Mike

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Penrhos wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:08 pm I popped in for an hour or so, looking for a user Trudex....didn't come home with one this time but there was some nice stuff on show and had a pleasant couple of hours checking out bits of the Bristol Avon on the way back.

I am surprised that you could not find a user Trudex at a decent price, there seemed to be loads on show? I met several new TFF faces, but I think that we will have to arrange a fool proof way of meeting up at these fairs, TFF badges are usually worn by most members, but they are small!

Bob Brookes
Zander

Post by Bob Brookes »

Lea Dweller wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:26 pm
Penrhos wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:08 pm I popped in for an hour or so, looking for a user Trudex....didn't come home with one this time but there was some nice stuff on show and had a pleasant couple of hours checking out bits of the Bristol Avon on the way back.

I am surprised that you could not find a user Trudex at a decent price, there seemed to be loads on show? I met several new TFF faces, but I think that we will have to arrange a fool proof way of meeting up at these fairs, TFF badges are usually worn by most members, but they are small!
How do you know I’ve a small member? :laugh1:
"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Bob Brookes wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:41 pm

Wal told me! :Scared:

Penrhos
Minnow

Post by Penrhos »

I did find, pick up and spin a few Trudexes (and a Match Aerial) but spent a bit too long um-ing and ah-ing hence ended up with nothing - oh well! I figured I might be able to look up the dealers online later.

Didn't notice any badges myself - I'd stupidly left my glasses in the car and thought I might look a bit strange squinting at people's lapels.

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Post by PershoreHarrier »

Bob Brookes wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:41 pm

Any man who can put his underpants on back to front and not notice till he needs to use the bathroom as you once described an event that had occurred to you - well QED. :Tongue:

StefanDuma
Grayling

Post by StefanDuma »

Had a great day speaking to lots of people and even managed a small Wadham box.

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

StefanDuma wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:43 am Had a great day speaking to lots of people and even managed a small Wadham box.
Great to see you Stefan, thankyou for showing a lovely Slater reel, wonderful! :Hat:
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

Return to “Fishing Tackle, Game Fairs and Other Events”