The National Vintage Fishing Tackle Fair - Sunday 14th May 2017

This is the place where forthcoming events like fishing tackle fairs, game fairs, book launches and similar events can be posted.
Lea Dweller
Pike

Re: The National Vintage Fishing Tackle Fair - Sunday 14th May 2017

Post by Lea Dweller »

Snape wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 12:19 pm I need to collect a refurbished rob tip from Andrew Davis so will try to get there for 9AM. :Happy:
I hope to see you, myself and Fredline will be on adjoining tables, pop by and say hello!

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Old Man Oakley wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 12:58 pm Is anyone going from Hampshire, who wants to share a lift?

OMO
I'm going from Portsmouth if that's any good to you?
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

The Sweetcorn Kid wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 4:11 pm
Old Man Oakley wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 12:58 pm Is anyone going from Hampshire, who wants to share a lift?

OMO
I look forward to seeing you both!

Arcadia
Ruffe

Post by Arcadia »

Ladies and Gentlemen

Very much looking forward to seeing you all on Sunday, doors for visitors open at 08.45hrs, Sam's and Renee's Tea Van will be fired up before then. Any queries please don't hesitate to e mail me at the address on the flyer below or call me on the Field Telephone.

May the road rise to meet you.

John
/Users/johnandrews/Desktop/flyer.JPG

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

The Sweetcorn Kid wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 4:11 pm

OMO
What time are you planning on arriving Stu?
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Early buddy, around 8ish perhaps.
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Back from Redditch ... and with a mixture of feelings ... mostly VERY positive ... but sad to report that it was the last Fair to be held at this venue, as the building is to be closed !!! This was the venue of my first tackle fair ... so it will be sadly missed on my part.

The first good news is that Arcadia (John Andrews) has probably found a new venue in Redditch to assure the event's future in the town. I'm sure he'll keep us all informed. Thank you John, Sir, for all your work.

Next ... it was great to bump into so many TFF members ... far too many to name individually ... but it was a pleasure to meet old friends and some new ones too !!!

Next next (if you see what I mean) ... I got a signed copy of The Sweetcorn Kid's "from Carbon to Cane." Worth going just for that ....

BUT ... THE REAL JOY ... I was able (finally, after everyone had had a waggle of it !!!) to collect from Andrew Davis my "Festival Avon" replica. What an utter delight !!! There will be more details given shortly when I've calmed down ... which will probably be about July sometime !!!!!
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Beresford
Sea Trout

Post by Beresford »

Why does it always have to be in Redditch? It would be great if it moved around a bit rather like the Gamefair does. I know Redditch is one of the spiritual homes of fishing tackle but a roving roster of venues might ultimately attract more folks.
The Split Cane Splinter Group

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Beresford wrote: Sun May 14, 2017 3:02 pm Why does it always have to be in Redditch? It would be great if it moved around a bit rather like the Gamefair does. I know Redditch is one of the spiritual homes of fishing tackle but a roving roster of venues might ultimately attract more folks.
Just guessing, Sir ... but I'd suggest a few reasons (apart from the historic connotations) :-

1) It's about 100 miles north as the crow flies of the other major biannual tackle show (Romsey) ... not counting an auction or two.
2) Using one venue leads to less administrative commitment than finding a different venue every time.
3) By the same reasoning as I opted for the venue of the 'TFF Cane and Pin Match' in July ... it's in that 'M42 corridor' which is central to the M1/M40/M5/M6 motorway system which is central to the country for visitors from all directions ... north, south, east, and west.

I met people today from afar afield as South Wales, Hampshire, Norfolk, Cheshire, Hertfordshire, Nottinghamshire,and Yorkshire ... and can think of at least one from the North East who would have been he if he hadn't been away angling.

As I said ... just guessing.
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

LuckyLuca
Barbel

Post by LuckyLuca »

Just to echo Mals' words. Great to say hello to a number of members today at what seemed a lively fair. Plenty of bargains to be had I felt. An ash hoop net and nice no-name centre pin came home with me so a successful day too!
I walked across an empty land
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
I felt the earth beneath my feet
Sat by the river and it made me complete.

Return to “Fishing Tackle, Game Fairs and Other Events”