The National Vintage Fishing Tackle Fair - Sunday 13th November 2016

This is the place where forthcoming events like fishing tackle fairs, game fairs, book launches and similar events can be posted.
Jeremy Croxall
Zander

Re: The National Vintage Fishing Tackle Fair - Sunday 13th November 2016

Post by Jeremy Croxall »

AshbyCut wrote:Just back from Redditch ... and what a joy it was to meet up with so many TFF friends both old and new !!! Far too many to list, so I won't try in case I miss anyone out !!! It was also good to see more TFF members with tables

It was successful in other ways too ... meeting Mr. Fallon and taking up his 'Fair Special' on a subscription ... Taking the Edgar Sealey "Roach Rod" back into the AC fold ... and collecting a rather 'special' rod for use with my Hardy 'Eureka' reel (watch the Hardy Rods thread).

Needless to say ... at 11am there was a perfectly observed 2 minutes silence. It was a privilege to take part.
Just got back myself, sorry I didn't bump into you AC but I did meet Sir Wal and Lady Wal (thanks for the beautiful rod Wal) Lucky Luca and Mrs LL (thanks for the lovely Holdall), Richard B, Richard C, big Dave Burr, Lea Dweller, Fredline, and who did I buy the terrific Trudex from? I am sorry I have forgotten your name....identify yourself so I can thank you!
I could have spent days in there and a load of cash (if I had it) I was like a child in a sweet shop....ah well dream on!
Jeremy.
"Oh for want of rod and line I'd fish this stream serene, sublime".

AllRounder
Brown Trout

Post by AllRounder »

Very enjoyable show again. Managed to find myself a 4inch Aerial that I really liked and that was that funds gone!

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Wonderful to meet up with you all today. It's always great to put a face to a name and I look forward to seeing you all again next May.

Wal.

Wagtail
Arctic Char

Post by Wagtail »

Jeremy Croxall wrote: and who did I buy the terrific Trudex from? I am sorry I have forgotten your name....identify yourself so I can thank you!
Jeremy, looking at the picture of your Trudex I think that was probably me :Hat:

I was immediately to the left of Mr and Mrs Lucky Luca, if that helps jog your memory?
'The Chub is a very controversial fish. He has a strong army of supporters, but he has an almost equally strong army of detractors. The trouble is that the detractors do not know what they are talking about'. L. Vernon-Bates

Jeremy Croxall
Zander

Post by Jeremy Croxall »

Wagtail wrote:
Jeremy Croxall wrote: and who did I buy the terrific Trudex from? I am sorry I have forgotten your name....identify yourself so I can thank you!
Jeremy, looking at the picture of your Trudex I think that was probably me :Hat:

I was immediately to the left of Mr and Mrs Lucky Luca, if that helps jog your memory?
Yes Wagtail, I remember now! Many thanks, I am very happy with my Trudex, always good to make a purchase from a reliable source rather than buy one sight unseen from an Auction site or whatever. Hope you had a successful day, you did have a lot of nice stuff but I'd pretty much run out of cash at that point!
Thanks again Wagtail.
Jeremy.
"Oh for want of rod and line I'd fish this stream serene, sublime".

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

I had a lovely time at Redditch today, myself and Fredline were at adjoining tables and we were pleased to meet several new members. I do remember meeting Jeremy Croxall and Dave Burr for the first time, as well as Wal and his good lady, Lucky Lucca, Wagtail, Michael, John Andrews and several other members, sorry for those I have not named! I managed to sell a few more floats for Tengisgol's charity, thank you to the TFF members that donated and/or bought some floats. I hope to see some more members during next season at TFF outings or possibly Romsey. Thank you again for making the time pass so quickly, next time I will take some pictures!

BeechmereLake
Brown Trout

Post by BeechmereLake »

We had a great weekend at Redditch which starts on a Saturday for us now, made our way to the hotel, a few beers catch up with the Rugby, Cricket, Football & F1 then head off down to set up that tables ready for Sunday morning. Its then back to the Hotel for a steak and more beers, great night and early morning with Mike Read (Mitchell reel Museum fame) James Entwhistle (legendary dealer collector) Gary H who made a big move in on my bag of Jelly Tots and scoffed the lot :Hahaha: and last but not least a mate for 30 years or who has recently joined us as a Mitchell half bail nut Ian Falconer (badger) great night talking reels and fishing tackle in general
Sunday morning its the best breakfast EVER, on to the show and a great day was had seeing some good friends and some great gear. Thanks to Dave Burr, TeMe Lad and Wal for coming to the table for some enjoyable banter but star of the day for me was a friend and tackle shop manager I had not seen since one of my last trips to Beechmere Lake back in the late 1980's, shop manager from Veals in Bristol Paul Hughes, the man who made my rods for me back then and was such an inspiration to me when fishing the lake.
Sad to say though that the table was a little empty with no Nobby and no Ray Moss, gents you were missed today but not forgotten, I will pass on the messages left by Dave Burr and TeMe Lad to Ray later today when I speak to him, Ray is still getting over his awful accident and has just learned he needs two more ops to break and reset his fingers bless him.
Star of the day for me was picking up this little beauty for my collection

Just a shame I couldn't get Les Shaw to part with his Cardinal sign to put over the top of my bed :Hahaha: like she would permit that, a great piece indeed, thanks go to John and the team for all their hard work making the day another good one. Roll on May :Hat:
" It is a sinister place yet powerfully fascinating"

"BB"

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Since my hurried post last night, I have remembered a little more about who I spoke to at Redditch. Apologies to Bob Brookes and his good lady, also Lucky Lucca's good lady for not mentioning them yesterday. I did see Mal (Ashby Cut) come past my and Fredline's tables, but he looked as if he was on a mission, so we didn't get to chat with him. I know that a number of other TFF members were at Redditch but I did not get to meet them or recognise them. Perhaps next time we could arrange to meet outside at the tea place at a pre arranged time and perhaps have a group photo so that all other TFF members could see what we look like? I have several unsold items that I will list in the coming week, some rods that I could not display, plus a couple of boxed reels that deserve a good home. It was an enjoyable day all round!

Richard C
Brown Trout

Post by Richard C »

Lovely to put faces to names and non de plumes, meet old friends and new.
1st visit to Redditch for me but plans arranged already for a return in May.
I thought I might have been victim of a pick pocket, who seemed to fill his swag bag with my folding stuff on every circuit I made.
At least that was the excuse I gave the wife. Sounded plausible, at least until I unloaded all the shiny things from my boot anyway! :Hahaha:
"We shall not cease from exploration. And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.".
T. S Eliot
http://richard-cleaver.blogspot.co.uk/

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Apologies Richard, I do remember you coming and chatting to me, to anyone else that I forgot to mention apologies to you too!
Richard C wrote:Lovely to put faces to names and non de plumes, meet old friends and new.
1st visit to Redditch for me but plans arranged already for a return in May.
I thought I might have been victim of a pick pocket, who seemed to fill his swag bag with my folding stuff on every circuit I made.
At least that was the excuse I gave the wife. Sounded plausible, at least until I unloaded all the shiny things from my boot anyway! :Hahaha:
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

Return to “Fishing Tackle, Game Fairs and Other Events”