The National Vintage Fishing Tackle Fair - Sunday 13th November 2016

This is the place where forthcoming events like fishing tackle fairs, game fairs, book launches and similar events can be posted.
Tengisgol
Barbel

Re: The National Vintage Fishing Tackle Fair - Sunday 13th November 2016

Post by Tengisgol »

James wrote:Please come for a chat have a browse, myself and Andy Batchelor will have a host of tackle for sale.
I will be showing my Senior Wallis Avon [ not for sale] and some for sale including a unused,hollow built 2012 Green stained Wizard.

A J Davis

I am so glad I can't be there, my bank balance would not be able to manage it...

Good luck all, have a fantastic day (and don't forget to buy a float from Ted!)
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

I will be having a table tomorrow, next to my good friend Fredline, we will have a number of rods reels and other item's for sale at very realistic prices. I have several rods, including a superb 16ft Spanish reed and split cane rod, ideal for reaching over lily pads! £40 plus two MK IV type carp/avon rods 10ft two piece at £60 each. If any TFF member is interested let me know and I will keep them for you to look at. See you tomorrow!
P.S Charity elder pith and crow quill charity floats courtesy of Tengisgol £3 each!
Ted

Jeremy Croxall
Zander

Redditch

Post by Jeremy Croxall »

Very excited about tomorrow!
Hope to meet some of you guys, it will be nice to put faces to names!!
Until tomorrow then.
Jeremy
"Oh for want of rod and line I'd fish this stream serene, sublime".

Santiago
Wild Carp

Re: Redditch

Post by Santiago »

Just decided I'm going! Going fishing! Anyways, have a great day all.
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

Shropshire Lad
Perch

Post by Shropshire Lad »

I'm more exited about tommoro than Christmas that's for sure, bah humbug

Santiago
Wild Carp

Post by Santiago »

Wash yer mouth out Sir. Far too early to mention the C word. It's not even December yet!!
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

Wagtail
Arctic Char

Post by Wagtail »

I'll be sharing a stand with Lucky Luca, and look forward to meeting some TFF'ers at Redditch. The car is (over)loaded and ready to go for an early start.

Anyone in need of rings for older rod restorations might want to pay me a visit :Wink:

See you tomorrow Gents :Hat:
'The Chub is a very controversial fish. He has a strong army of supporters, but he has an almost equally strong army of detractors. The trouble is that the detractors do not know what they are talking about'. L. Vernon-Bates

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Just back from Redditch ... and what a joy it was to meet up with so many TFF friends both old and new !!! Far too many to list, so I won't try in case I miss anyone out !!! It was also good to see more TFF members with tables

It was successful in other ways too ... meeting Mr. Fallon and taking up his 'Fair Special' on a subscription ... Taking the Edgar Sealey "Roach Rod" back into the AC fold ... and collecting a rather 'special' rod for use with my Hardy 'Eureka' reel (watch the Hardy Rods thread).

Needless to say ... at 11am there was a perfectly observed 2 minutes silence. It was a privilege to take part.
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Kevin
Chub

Post by Kevin »

Good for you,i met Mr Fallon last year and subscribed,i would have loved to see Andrews green Wizard but funds kept me from traveling.
Hope you enjoy Fallons Angler and the rod..

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Home again after another fun day at Redditch.

I was amazed at so many bargains on offer. Books, pictures (that carp print was very tempting), rods, reels and so much more. I intentionally went with minimal funds, which was probably sensible as I soon spent what I had - again.

Great to see the usual crowd and to meet up with so many of the new members. Just a few years ago Redditch was a room full of strangers but now it takes for ever to get around and speak to everybody. Just the way I like it. I shan't mention names as, like Malcolm said, there's too many and, in my case, I've probably forgotten most of them anyway :Confused:

Return to “Fishing Tackle, Game Fairs and Other Events”