Raising money for Breast Cancer Care at Romsey, please buy a float from Ted!

This is the place where forthcoming events like fishing tackle fairs, game fairs, book launches and similar events can be posted.
Lea Dweller
Pike

Re: Raising money for Breast Cancer Care at Romsey, please buy a float from Ted!

Post by Lea Dweller »

Bluelabel wrote:Perhaps it should have been a "Free Float with every donation over £3" advertisement :Hat:
I actually witnessed several people carefully read both the well made signs that Tengisgol had provided, then inspect some of the floats from every conceivable angle "Tweak" the crow quill stems, then put them back and walk away! I guess I sometimes expect too much from my fellow man, but I was left scratching my head!

RBTraditional
Catfish

Re: Raising money for Breast Cancer Care at Romsey, please buy a float from Ted!

Post by RBTraditional »

Ted I'll donate a tenner mate if you can send me a pm with your PayPal details. Like most families we've suffered the horror of losing someone to cancer and this evening we've just had news that one of our best friends has less than a year to live, she's not fifty yet, never has a bad word for anyone, never smoked and only drinks in moderation...life ain't fair
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

RBTraditional wrote:Ted I'll donate a tenner mate if you can send me a pm with your PayPal details. Like most families we've suffered the horror of losing someone to cancer and this evening we've just had news that one of our best friends has less than a year to live, she's not fifty yet, never has a bad word for anyone, never smoked and only drinks in moderation...life ain't fair
:Thumb:
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

RBTraditional wrote:Ted I'll donate a tenner mate if you can send me a pm with your PayPal details. Like most families we've suffered the horror of losing someone to cancer and this evening we've just had news that one of our best friends has less than a year to live, she's not fifty yet, never has a bad word for anyone, never smoked and only drinks in moderation...life ain't fair
It certainly isn't fair Rob, I have been on the receiving end of the impact of cancer on my family and friends too many times over the years. This is perhaps why I try to help when I can. I will be in touch with Phil (Tengisgol) and we will get back to you regarding your kind offer soon.

Thank you,
All the best,
Ted
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

Richard O
Silver Bream

Post by Richard O »

There are so many good charities out there, its only when an illness get close to home that it becomes personal, its not possible to give to all charities, but when suitable opportunities arise I do not have a problem. When I receive my float it will be used in memory of my stepdad, he wasn't a regular fisherman but he used to dabble with a telescopic rod and reel he carried in his car and had so much enthusiasm for life. I am afraid its a fact of life but it always seems to happen to the good ones.

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Richard O wrote:There are so many good charities out there, its only when an illness get close to home that it becomes personal, its not possible to give to all charities, but when suitable opportunities arise I do not have a problem. When I receive my float it will be used in memory of my stepdad, he wasn't a regular fisherman but he used to dabble with a telescopic rod and reel he carried in his car and had so much enthusiasm for life. I am afraid its a fact of life but it always seems to happen to the good ones.
I agree completely, I am probably not taking account of the many "professional" charity appeals that we are all bombarded with. I would not want to offend anyone, everyone has the right to do as they wish regarding charities. I still have around 50 floats that I would like to take to Redditch next month, so hopefully we will have more success then.
Confucius

RBTraditional
Catfish

Post by RBTraditional »

I remember losing my nan in 1979, it was my first real experience of death and a very unpleasant one at that. She meant so much to me and everytime I see a Macmillan charity box or indeed any cancer charity collection I empty my pockets and give as much as I can....every bit helps. I wish you well with your fundraising Tengisol....its such a good cause.

Keston
Tench

Post by Keston »

Tengisgol wrote:
Keston wrote:
Lea Dweller wrote:Perhaps I will sell some more floats, they are surely worth £3?
I was very happy with the one I bought at Romsey. To be honest I wasn't expecting very much but rather to just regarded it as a donation to the cause . In reality I actually like the float a lot too and intend to use it at some point fishing the river tomorrow.
Best wishes with selling the remainder at Redditch

Good luck Keston and I hope Isaac shines on you! I am going to give mine a trot down the Wensum in a couple of weeks time and catch a big fat chub! Please do post your pictures!
Sir , I think Issac was smiling down on me today.
I did indeed take my Charity float to the local river , its larger and takes much much more shot than I would usually use for this type of fishing but it worked well. I caught dace, roach , trout , chub , gudgeon and minnow from a variety of swims . The chub you see below was my second fish of the day caught using the Breast Cancer care float you see in the image.
Best wishes to you for the Wensum.

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Well done! great tale of success, lovely pictures too!
Confucius

RBTraditional
Catfish

Post by RBTraditional »

Thanks for the paypal details Tengisol. All done and hope others will do the same.....Hopefully my post will bump it up and keep it live. ...

Return to “Fishing Tackle, Game Fairs and Other Events”