Raising money for Breast Cancer Care at Romsey, please buy a float from Ted!

This is the place where forthcoming events like fishing tackle fairs, game fairs, book launches and similar events can be posted.
Lea Dweller
Pike

Re: Raising money for Breast Cancer Care at Romsey, please buy a float from Ted!

Post by Lea Dweller »

It is on Sunday 13th November, Kingsley Sports centre Redditch, B98 7UH

Aitch
Pike

Re: Raising money for Breast Cancer Care at Romsey, please buy a float from Ted!

Post by Aitch »

Hmmmmm.... I wonder if I can convince my better half that my Christmas present is waiting for me there....? :Cool: :Scared:
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Paul D

Post by Paul D »

Bluelabel wrote:Hmmmmm.... I wonder if I can convince my better half that my Christmas present is waiting for me there....? :Cool: :Scared:
Good idea. :Thumb:

LuckyLuca
Barbel

Post by LuckyLuca »

Shame they didn't sell as well as hoped Ted.
I will be sharing a stall with Wagtail again this time around. Hopefully we'll be able to drum up some sale between us.
I walked across an empty land
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
I felt the earth beneath my feet
Sat by the river and it made me complete.

Tweed

Post by Tweed »

Lea Dweller wrote:I just got back from a long trip, following the tackle fair at Romsey last Sunday ( I went on to visit Torquay, Plymouth, Brixham, then drove back to Arundel for a couple of nights). I must say I was disappointed at not selling more of the floats for Tengisgol's charity. At £3 each, for an elder pith and crowquill combination they were good value, albeit not visually perfect! I know that several TFF members made a donation, a few other visitors to Romsey bought a few floats, but I was still surprised at the lack of support for a good cause! Onwards and upwards, I will be happy to take the remaining floats to Redditch, as I will be having a table with Fredline. Perhaps I will sell some more floats, they are surely worth £3?
I bought one, by way of support. Visually some had imperfections, and while it is a good cause, if you are selling I suppose quality is assessed, whereas giving you expect and get nothing.

Personally I find these fairs ultra fascinating in a perverse way, having had tables. I once had a whole load of brand new if ordinary floats - zilch sales.

Brand new split cane fly rods at £65 - yep you guessed it.

I rarely see anyone buy anything much - loads of anecdotes though. Each year everybody looks that bit older too.

Keston
Tench

Post by Keston »

Lea Dweller wrote:Perhaps I will sell some more floats, they are surely worth £3?
I was very happy with the one I bought at Romsey. To be honest I wasn't expecting very much but rather to just regarded it as a donation to the cause . In reality I actually like the float a lot too and intend to use it at some point fishing the river tomorrow.
Best wishes with selling the remainder at Redditch

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

Thanks to all those that purchased a float! I am away at the moment, and so is Ted, but next week we'll give an update. I think it means that, so far, about £180 will be going to Breast Cancer Care once the purchases and donations are doubled up.

(PS - Keaton has it spot-on; it's a donation to the cause really and not an attempt to sell a symmetrical perfected float. In fact it's more than a donation - for every three pounds spent SIX pounds will go the charity - so well done to those that put their hands in the pocket - it's less than a pint of beer in most places!)
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

Keston wrote:
Lea Dweller wrote:Perhaps I will sell some more floats, they are surely worth £3?
I was very happy with the one I bought at Romsey. To be honest I wasn't expecting very much but rather to just regarded it as a donation to the cause . In reality I actually like the float a lot too and intend to use it at some point fishing the river tomorrow.
Best wishes with selling the remainder at Redditch

Good luck Keston and I hope Isaac shines on you! I am going to give mine a trot down the Wensum in a couple of weeks time and catch a big fat chub! Please do post your pictures!

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

LuckyLuca wrote:Shame they didn't sell as well as hoped Ted.
I will be sharing a stall with Wagtail again this time around. Hopefully we'll be able to drum up some sale between us.
Thanks LuckyLuca - will be in touch when I get back from my trip!

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

Perhaps it should have been a "Free Float with every donation over £3" advertisement :Hat:
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Return to “Fishing Tackle, Game Fairs and Other Events”