Romsey or Redditch Tackle Fair - help needed to raise some money for charity!

This is the place where forthcoming events like fishing tackle fairs, game fairs, book launches and similar events can be posted.
Tengisgol
Barbel

Romsey or Redditch Tackle Fair - help needed to raise some money for charity!

Post by Tengisgol »

Chaps,

When I was at the Red Lion last year, Mike the proprietor overheard me talking about making floats. He disappeared out the back with the line, "I have something that may be of interest to you!"

He promptly returned with a dusty old float box full to the brim with half finished elder pith on crow-quill floats, "have them if you'll do something with them" he said.

Anyhow, I took them home and they sat there in the garage until last winter when I embarked on a mass painting and varnishing exercise. They aren't pretty but they will be very, very useable. I won't use them (all) and they're not handsome enough to sell as desirable items. There are about sixty of them and it occurred to me that what I might do is ask - perhaps - if anyone is taking a stall at the next fair, perhaps we might put them on the stall for maybe £3 or £4 each?

Now, the really clever thing is that my firm (QBE Insurance) have a great scheme whereby any fundraising efforts or donations are doubled if given to charity. This year it is Breast Cancer.

My maths isn't great but I reckon there should be enough visitors at the next tackle fair that would clear this lot at those prices on account of them (a) being very useable floats and (b) even more so in the knowledge that every pound they give would be doubled and go to charity. That could be nigh on £400 in the end going to a good cause!

So, is there anybody out there with a stall that might possibly take this on if I post the floats to them with an appropriate 'for sale' sign?

Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

LuckyLuca
Barbel

Re: Romsey or Redditch Tackle Fair - help needed to raise some money for charity!

Post by LuckyLuca »

Great thinking Phil.

I don't know yet wether I'll be taking a table at Redditch, so hopefully another member will jump in.

You can be sure that I'll buy a couple.
I walked across an empty land
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
I felt the earth beneath my feet
Sat by the river and it made me complete.

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Re: Romsey or Redditch Tackle Fair - help needed to raise some money for charity!

Post by Dave Burr »

What a great idea Phil, I hope you find someone that can further it.

Mind you, Mike tried to pass them off on me ages back :Chuckle: but I just had a pick of the best. :Scared: You are far more public spirited than me for sure and I shall certainly buy a couple :Thumb:

Richard C
Brown Trout

Post by Richard C »

:clap: Grand idea and a noble gesture Phil.
"We shall not cease from exploration. And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.".
T. S Eliot
http://richard-cleaver.blogspot.co.uk/

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Hi Phil, I am not sure yet if I am having a table at Romsey or Redditch yet, but if I do I will be happy to have the floats on my table. I could always collect them from you at the pub that we met at before?

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

Is this a cue for an "Orange Tree" meet up and natter...? :Hat:
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Bluelabel wrote:Is this a cue for an "Orange Tree" meet up and natter...? :Hat:

Definitely! Any time for me!

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Brilliant idea Phil and if they make it to Redditch I'll definitely have a couple.. :Thumb:

Wal.

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

Lea Dweller wrote:
Bluelabel wrote:Is this a cue for an "Orange Tree" meet up and natter...? :Hat:

Definitely! Any time for me!
OK - that sounds like a plan then chaps - I'll pull the calendar out and be in touch. :dancing:
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Return to “Fishing Tackle, Game Fairs and Other Events”