Redditch Tackle Fair

This is the place where forthcoming events like fishing tackle fairs, game fairs, book launches and similar events can be posted.
StefanDuma
Grayling

Re: Redditch Tackle Fair

Post by StefanDuma »

It was my pleasure when I eventually found it I was amazed at the other reels in the case.

I blame you for the next book being late as I am just having so much fun looking at the reels again.

Stef

Troydog
Tench

Post by Troydog »

Extraordinary event. I have never seen so much fishing tackle in one room. And the books - even Shazza spotted No Need To Lie and raced up to me with the news. I've been hoping to find it in a Hay on Wye bookshop, or a Charity shop or even a bookshop that doesn't know how to catalogue titles these last forty years. And then Shazza found two more copies and she was getting very excited by now. She pointed to all the pins and exclaimed "Watcha gonna buy? Watcha gonna buy?"

But it was all too much for me. It was great to meet some TFFers but really people need to wear lapel name badges in future. That happens at all the professional shows. So we had our two minute silence at 11 o'clock and then I just wanted to get back on the river. After all, it was 9 degrees C, coloured and falling. What more do you want?
Trouble is, the fish just don't read the books......
John Harding

Jeremy Croxall
Zander

Post by Jeremy Croxall »

PeteD wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:01 pm An enjoyable morning as usual. I nearly came away without buying anything (Other than my bacon roll). But just as I was about to leave I was tempted by a Chapmans 500 in need of some repair and a refurb. The deal was done for the princely sum of £30 and I now have a rod I have been after for a while and a great winter project to keep me occupied.

I normally always look forward to buying the latest issue of Fallon's Angler at the fair, but unfortunately Garrett and friends were not there yesterday.
Very well done indeed, that's a bargain price even if needing work! :clap:
Terrific rod the 500 :Thumb:
"Oh for want of rod and line I'd fish this stream serene, sublime".

Fredline
Tench

Post by Fredline »

You should have looked on mine and Lea Dwellers' stall I had an all original Chapmans 500 in original bag that needed no work and was bought right at the last knockings by one of the Germans for £60. It had been in the rack for 5 hours with no takers.
If you have no grease with you, and your rings are full of ice, do not cut out the ice with a pen-knife but get your man to put the rings one by one in his mouth, and so to thaw the ice.
John Bickerdyke.

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

If I recall correctly, I bought my Marco elasticane "Standard Carp" at Redditch about 2 years ago for around £ 45-£50. I was absolutely over the moon with it and look forward to getting to Redditch again to both indulge an interest with traditional tackle, meet a few great folk there too and, of course, ensure some "bruising to the wallet". A great great place for the Traditional Angler .................

Jeremy Croxall
Zander

Post by Jeremy Croxall »

Fredline wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:14 pm You should have looked on mine and Lea Dwellers' stall I had an all original Chapmans 500 in original bag that needed no work and was bought right at the last knockings by one of the Germans for £60. It had been in the rack for 5 hours with no takers.
What!! :drool: :Brickwall:
"Oh for want of rod and line I'd fish this stream serene, sublime".

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Jeremy Croxall wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:06 pm
Fredline wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:14 pm You should have looked on mine and Lea Dwellers' stall I had an all original Chapmans 500 in original bag that needed no work and was bought right at the last knockings by one of the Germans for £60. It had been in the rack for 5 hours with no takers.
What!! :drool: :Brickwall:
As I was on the adjoining table to Fredline, I can vouch for the accuracy of his statement regarding the Chapman 500. Our German friends have saved the day on a number of occasions, they seem to have a big demand for decent fibreglass rods too! :Hat:

PeteD
Rudd

Post by PeteD »

I did Fredline. I was the one who spoke to you straight after. I was just too late and stood there as you were doing the deal with the German lads looking disappointed. :Cry: That was a real bargain.

Oh well you can't win em all! At least I came away with a 500 although certainly not as good as the one you had, and it will give me something to do over the winter months.

Return to “Fishing Tackle, Game Fairs and Other Events”