DAM Quick reels

The DAM Reels forum.
OldFellah

Re: DAM Quick reels

Post by OldFellah »

That's great Paddex, thanks for the link also. :Thumb: Would you by any chance know if spare spools are available for this particular reel ?

Paddex

Post by Paddex »

only used and probably from the bay
but this model is the forerunner of the 330 reels from the 70s and these spools fit also (not the N-models however)

OldFellah

Post by OldFellah »

Thank you Paddex. Your help is very much appreciated my friend :Thumb:

AndyB
Dace

Post by AndyB »

My collection of Dam quick reels. The microlite, 110, 221, and 331N. They took a little while to locate as they are all right hand wind. The microlite I picked up from eBay in the US, it's a tiny reel but has the same spool as the 110. The 221 is probably my most used reel, the 331 is perfect for carp. I get the impression from looking on ebay they sold more in the states and of course Germany than they did in the UK. As Nobby mentioned in the 330N thread I don't know why they were overlooked by Carp anglers in the 70's.

Bob Brookes
Zander

Post by Bob Brookes »

I think this may be one that Paddex or Nobby can advise me on.

I have a DAM280 which I use with a cane rod whenever I am not using a centrepin. I have found that the clutch (spool tensioner), is not smooth when it first has to 'give' line. I realise that it will never be as good as a modern reel. On closer examination I have found that it is short of a washer, 100-087, described as a Resitex washer which I presume is made of a friction material.

Doing an internet search only comes up with the name of Reel Doctor in the USA. However their website is blocked as dangerous as it harbours Malware that will damage your computer. My questions are:-
1) Where can I purchase a couple (1 spare) of these washers?
2) Does anyone have an Email address for Reel Doctor, and are they still trading?
3) What material could I fashion a washer from, failing 1) & 2)?

Thanking you in anticipation,
Bob

PS. Nobby, I will make myself known to you at Redditch.
"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

Return to “DAM Reels”