Dam Quick Standard?

The DAM Reels forum.
Stingray
Grayling

Re: Dam Quick Standard?

Post by Stingray »

That handle is from a D.A.M. Quick Junior circa 1958 I believe - possibly a few years later as the earlier ones had marbled knobs.

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Stingray wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 7:08 pm That handle is from a D.A.M. Quick Junior circa 1958 I believe - possibly a few years later as the earlier ones had marbled knobs.
Thanks for that information, I knew it was from another D.A.M reel but wasn't sure which one! :Hat:

Wagtail
Arctic Char

Post by Wagtail »

Ted, by coincidence I was going to post in the 'wanted' section for a handle... as I have got not one, but two of these reels! Both have issues, a dodgy replacement handle being the main problem on one reel. I had them with me at Redditch and have given them to Garry Mills to sort them out as best possible really just to make them useable again. It sounds like my quest for a proper replacement may be a long one......
'The Chub is a very controversial fish. He has a strong army of supporters, but he has an almost equally strong army of detractors. The trouble is that the detractors do not know what they are talking about'. L. Vernon-Bates

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

That is indeed a coincidence, I had never seen one until a short while ago and now several have come to light. I think your chum Steve is also looking for one of these?
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

Wagtail
Arctic Char

Post by Wagtail »

Lea Dweller wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 10:16 pm That is indeed a coincidence, I had never seen one until a short while ago and now several have come to light. I think your chum Steve is also looking for one of these?
He is.... but they are both MINE :mrgreen: :Chuckle:
'The Chub is a very controversial fish. He has a strong army of supporters, but he has an almost equally strong army of detractors. The trouble is that the detractors do not know what they are talking about'. L. Vernon-Bates

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Wagtail wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 11:51 am
Lea Dweller wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 10:16 pm That is indeed a coincidence, I had never seen one until a short while ago and now several have come to light. I think your chum Steve is also looking for one of these?
He is.... but they are both MINE :mrgreen: :Chuckle:
I bet they will be expensive too! :Wink: :Wink:
Confucius

Bob Brookes
Zander

Post by Bob Brookes »

Here you go chaps. :Hat: Some pictures of the handle so you know what to look for (or get some made!). I have also added one of each side as I understand it may be later than Ted's.
Having looked at the pictures I think I should have cleaned the reel before tucking it away after I last used it. :Scared:
ImageImageImageImageImage
"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Thanks Bob, but I think that the correct handle knob for my reel is round and not flattened, according to the information on the D.A.M site run by Roland Lindbergh? It is a bit confusing as several changes were evidently made in a short period between 1951-53, so I am open to suggestion as to which is the right crank handle and knob for my particular model.
Confucius

Stingray
Grayling

Post by Stingray »

Bob Brookes wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 2:22 pm I have also added one of each side as I understand it may be later than Ted's.
.. and what a lovely stationäre rolle it is.

Wagtail
Arctic Char

Post by Wagtail »

Bob can you tell me the approx. length of the handle arm? Just in case I turn up something suitable it would be handy to know, I can't measure mine as they are both with Garry :Hat:

Return to “DAM Reels”