Pass around item - Quick Finessa 330 "carp" reel

The DAM Reels forum.
OldTackle
Arctic Char

Pass around item - Quick Finessa 330 "carp" reel

Post by OldTackle »

Hello together!

Quite a while ago I thought it would be nice to make one example of a DAM Quick Finessa 330 a TFF pass around item.

First I would like to introduce the reel I am talking about. Hence pictures often shows more than words, here are some:
FullSizeRender-1.jpg
FullSizeRender-2.jpg
FullSizeRender-3.jpg
FullSizeRender-4.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg
I marked the reel's side plate with simple letters "TFF" to avoid "exchanges" or confusion in case you own already one and want to compare. The reel is, as always, fully serviced by myself and contains of all original parts except of the plastic cap on the bail arm and the small fish logo on the side. The reel is meant to serve all TFF members with the desire to become acquainted with such old traditional DAM reels.

Of course there are some regularities:

The TFF member is asked to fish the reel at his favorite pond or stream and to try it out. The reel is allowed to be kept until a fish is caught with it or the timespan of one month is over (counted from the date the previous member has dropped it to the post). A report with at least one picture has to be posted here. The passing on is organized by myself. Interested lads shall contact me via pm and I will organize the queue. This way I make sure that at least I know where the reel is located at the moment. The postage costs have to be covered by the member who latest had the reel in use.

The first member who will have the chance to fish with this nice reel will be Bob Brookes. He agreed to put some suitable line on and I don't think he does need a full month a catch a fish with it and pass it on.

Want to be the next one? Contact me!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
< °) >>><( Christopher )><<< (° >

Nobby
Wild Carp

Re: Pass around item - Quick Finessa 330 "carp" reel

Post by Nobby »

We have actually got a 330N Finessa, which was donated by Paddex, doing the rounds, but I have no idea who actually has it at the moment.

Bob Brookes
Zander

Post by Bob Brookes »

I shall load it with 10 or 12lb line suitable for larger fish, like barbel and carp. I am pleased to be given the chance to get the show on the road, so I hope I don't keep the next recipient waiting too long.

I will post on here when I have the reel in my possession. The pressure will then be on me to deliver!
Bob
"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

Nobby wrote:We have actually got a 330N Finessa, which was donated by Paddex, doing the rounds, but I have no idea who actually has it at the moment.
If it's the same reel I'm thinking of then I had it first then it was put in a competition and hoppy dofton won it
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Ah, yes...I think you took it to a certain lake?....ah it was won then? ..well remembered.

SeanM
Tench

Post by SeanM »

That's the version with the "anti-forward" setting. Really useful for barbel and carp fishing. Gives a lovely slow tick tick to let you know you've got a bite.
Quot homines, tot sententiae.

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

If the 'tick-tick' is a bit too loud for you it can be made much quieter by sliding a small section of silicon tubing over the little arm. Really antiquated way of creating a ratchet but it does work, it doesn't wear out and it's nicer than what replaced it, I think.

OldTackle
Arctic Char

Post by OldTackle »

Nobby wrote:If the 'tick-tick' is a bit too loud for you it can be made much quieter by sliding a small section of silicon tubing over the little arm. Really antiquated way of creating a ratchet but it does work, it doesn't wear out and it's nicer than what replaced it, I think.
Have a look at picture two Nobby. There you see the original red rubber over that little arm. In original state all these reels had such a rubber "silencer" if we want to call it like that. I use to put the arm in off mode when I reel in and put it on when I place the rod in the rod rest. Just like I do with a centrepin.

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Really? :Hahaha: ...and there was me thinking I'd had a good idea..... :laugh:

OldTackle
Arctic Char

Post by OldTackle »

The reel is on its way to Bob Brookes. He will keep us updated.
Next on the list is Tennisgol.

Tight lines!

Return to “DAM Reels”