DAM Quick 330 ....a new favourite

The DAM Reels forum.
DWW
Grayling

DAM Quick 330 ....a new favourite

Post by DWW »

I am the now proud owner of a pair of 330's . So I thought I would load one up with new line and take it off to the local lake . The reel was to say the least a revelation ! The reel runs so smoothly ( perhaps even better than one of my top of the range Shimano baitrunners , now gathering dust in the tackle shed as the " proper" old gear gets used ! ) and the clutch is again better than all but the most modern of reels that I own .
I have collected Abu reels for a long time now and the Cardinal series was always my favourite both for smoothness and the reliable clutch ....well I have a new favourite now !

I have a 220 as well which will be getting some use very soon .
It seems strange to me that the Dam reels seem to have been missed by the British angling scene . These are fantastic bits of kit which really need to be used to be believed . Honestly one turn of the handle and you will be hooked ...I was !

OldTackle
Arctic Char

Re: DAM Quick 330 ....a new favourite

Post by OldTackle »

Well Dave, I did my very best to provide you with these reels. That you like them that much tells me that it was worth spending all the work cleaning and servicing them. In case that you need some spares, just let me know. Nice carp by the way. I'm glad that you used the reels for carp fishing as well. They will be reliable eel catchers without any doubt!
In case that you infect a fishing friend - I still have two for sale. Cosmetically in very very nice condition that you don't often see nowadays.

Christopher
< °) >>><( Christopher )><<< (° >

Jeff Smith
Dace

Re: DAM Quick 330 ....a new favourite

Post by Jeff Smith »

I agree. Those DAMs are excellent. Quality German engineering just like our vans mate. ........By the way......nice carp.

Return to “DAM Reels”