D.A.M Fishing reels

The DAM Reels forum.
Harry H
Rainbow Trout

D.A.M Fishing reels

Post by Harry H »

Does anyone have any interest in these reels :Hat:
There are three things that improve with age: wine, friendship and water sense, and there's no short cut.
Anthony Shepherdson

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Re: D.A.M Fishing reels

Post by Loop Erimder »

No
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Harry H
Rainbow Trout

Post by Harry H »

Loop Erimder wrote:No
I hate it when you get all technical with me Loop :Chuckle:
There are three things that improve with age: wine, friendship and water sense, and there's no short cut.
Anthony Shepherdson

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

Couldn't resist it :Hat:
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Chris Bettis
Crucian Carp

Post by Chris Bettis »

Yes! I have a D.A.M. Quick Carp Reel which I often use with a lot of pleasure. Not a bad reel at all!

Nigel Rainton
Rainbow Trout

Post by Nigel Rainton »

All my Mitchells are D.A.M.N reels.

Bob Brookes
Zander

Post by Bob Brookes »

Harry H wrote:Does anyone have any interest in these reels :Hat:
Hi Harry,
Yes I do like and use D.A.M. reels. They are the only old fixed spool reels that I now have in my armoury. I have 2 of the early 280's, a Standard and have recently acquired a 220 for lighter work.
Image Image
In my opinion they are far better than the Mitchells although most on here will disagree with me on that. I attach pictures of one of the 280's and the Standard.
Bob
"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

Harry H
Rainbow Trout

Post by Harry H »

Bob Brookes wrote:
Harry H wrote:Does anyone have any interest in these reels :Hat:
Hi Harry,
Yes I do like and use D.A.M. reels. They are the only old fixed spool reels that I now have in my armoury. I have 2 of the early 280's, a Standard and have recently acquired a 220 for lighter work.
Image Image
In my opinion they are far better than the Mitchells although most on here will disagree with me on that. I attach pictures of one of the 280's and the Standard.
Bob
Hi Bob those look in good condition, what would the 330 have been used for? :Hat:
Anthony Shepherdson

Bob Brookes
Zander

Post by Bob Brookes »

Hi Harry.
The 330 followed on from the 280 and,I use mine for barbel and carp fishing. I would use it for the same fishing as Mitchell 300's are used.
Bob
"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

I have a few DAM reels, they were very successful exports for the firm, but seem to have been more popular in the USA than in the UK.

They are extraordinarily well made and have by far the best clutch of any reel of the period...indeed you've probably got to travel forward intime to the boom of the Japanese Shimano reels and similar to better them...though the Abu Cardinals came close, but didn't quite match the smoothness of the DAM multiplate system I feel.

Return to “DAM Reels”