Altex

The Hardy Reels forum.
OrangeJonny
Dace

Re: Altex

Post by OrangeJonny »

I restored an Altex last year.

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=19905

Getting them to pieces is a bit fiddly, and getting them back together is even worse.

The worst part is tapping out the pins which hold the handle and spool mounting piece on. You'll need a small hammer and a fine punch - and maybe a G&T for a bit of Dutch courage too. :Hahaha:

I think it fair to say the Altex was designed to be put together, not taken apart.

Restoration
Stickleback

Post by Restoration »

Hello Nobby and well spotted, there are bits not showing in my photo but they are not missing :-)

These boxes contain original unused spare body parts and all of the bits and bobs for Altex, Hardex, Exalta and Elarex reels. The photo showing the completed four reels I cobbled together also show the original tooling needed to make the correct springs for these reels. I will be selling all of these items some time in the future but for now I want to keep everything I have so that I can build more reels and carry on restoring the ones that come to me for a bit of TLC.
IMG_1048 (Medium).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nigel Rainton
Rainbow Trout

Post by Nigel Rainton »

Paul D,

So was I. It's my reel and there are no bits missing :-)

It arrived in the post early this morning and I have been playing with it ever since. I've never owned an Altex before but I wish I'd bought one earlier.

If you haven't looked at Restoration's website I suggest you go there, fabulous reels.

Return to “Hardy Reels”