Who made this Hardy Silex???

The Hardy Reels forum.
Leon Hoogendijk
Gudgeon

Who made this Hardy Silex???

Post by Leon Hoogendijk »

Hello to all the vintage fans. I received a Hardy Silex N°2 reel this morning and am trying to figure out who made this reel? Inside the cage there's only the letter "B" stamped just under the braking mecanism, and there's an "M" stamped on the foot...

Thanks in advance for your help.

Leon
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Re: Who made this Hardy Silex???

Post by Loop Erimder »

Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Leon Hoogendijk
Gudgeon

Post by Leon Hoogendijk »

Yes, and I have Drewwet's book, but that doesn't help me any further...

Leon

Paul F
Sea Trout

Post by Paul F »

Maybe it was an apprentice reel, they did not stamp their reels as most were scraped

Tomeland
Ruffe

Post by Tomeland »

What model of SIlex is it? It looks from the top photo as if the drum has cracked away from the front plate? Those ventilated drums were Ok with old silk lines but once Monofil became popular, it compression properties destroyed many weak spools and drums. WHen buying from ebay one has to be careful to see photos showing all of the drum with these types as often a few bits are broken off and missing.
Although of little value to a collector your reel is still repairable and could be put into use.
I myself enjoy buying such broken Silex reels and trying to repair them because i love their mechanisms.

Return to “Hardy Reels”