Harrington Little Kraka

A forum to show any of your restored or built traditional fishing reels.
Duckett
Tench

Harrington Little Kraka

Post by Duckett »

My brother and I are in the process of working our way through the last boxes from our parents estate and found a box of old reels in various states of repair. One I spotted immediately was a Harrington Little Kraka which I immediately decided to clean up and get working again as all the parts seem to be present.

I’ve just soaked it in WD40 for 24 hours and everything seems to be free and moving except for the 2 metal handles which are clean but stuck fast. Now, we’ve both looked at them and reckon they may just be riveted in place and never intended to rotate. I’ve read all the threads I can find here and looked online but can’t find any mention.

So gents, a question. Did the handles on The Little Kraka ever move? Thanks in advance :Hat:
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

JW1
Grayling

Re: Harrington Little Kraka

Post by JW1 »

Yes they should spin freely, there should be around 1mm (apologies to the more traditionalists) end float between the handle and the reel body but this varies as they are secured by swageing over the end of the spindle. Probably needs something a bit stronger than WD40.

JW

Duckett
Tench

Re: Harrington Little Kraka

Post by Duckett »

JW1 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:47 pm Yes they should spin freely, there should be around 1mm (apologies to the more traditionalists) end float between the handle and the reel body but this varies as they are secured by swageing over the end of the spindle. Probably needs something a bit stronger than WD40.

JW
Thanks JW. Not come across anything jammed that solid before. I shall try again now I know it’s worthwhile.
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Return to “Traditional Reel Building and Restoring”