Making an Aerial-Match

A forum to show any of your restored or built traditional fishing reels.
Paul F
Sea Trout

Re: Making an Aerial-Match

Post by Paul F »

Well done Steve, another great testing :Hat:

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

Superb stuff all of it from the reports to the pictures. What a superb piece of engineering :Hat:

Rutland Rod
Arctic Char

Post by Rutland Rod »

Excellent write up and pics chaps, lovely reel and cracking fish especially Keith’s Carp.

Roachtench
Ruffe

Post by Roachtench »

Fabulous looking replica of a rare reel

Barbelseeker
Brown Trout

Post by Barbelseeker »

Any chance of an update please on this elaborate magnificent engineering marvel? I know that it had a River Test on/in Late October to which the temporary owner showered high praise on it.

"..... grubby paws on it was not something I'd dared to dream of. The reel is beautiful. Lady Luca has for the first time told me an item of tackle is pretty, high praise indeed!

Has this been passed on for further field testing (I'm offering to field test it on the Trent) with permission from Watermole+ of course or returned to him?

Tight lines all.

Peter

Bumble
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bumble »

I collected the reel from LucyLuka on Sunday and a full testing plan is in place for over Christmas and through to the end of January.
Bumble

Barbelseeker
Brown Trout

Post by Barbelseeker »

Look forward to the feedback and hopefully some pictures

Bumble
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bumble »

Barbelseeker there will be plenty of pictures but I must admit struggling to understand the connection between the Trent and Watermoles reel as its a trotting reel. I have.fished the Trent many times but it never struck me as a trotting river the plan agreed with Watermole is to use the reel on the Kennet, Thames and the Dearne with hopefully a visit to the Colne slipped in.
Bumble

Stathamender
Tench

Post by Stathamender »

Bumble wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:39 pm Barbelseeker there will be plenty of pictures but I must admit struggling to understand the connection between the Trent and Watermoles reel as its a trotting reel. I have.fished the Trent many times but it never struck me as a trotting river the plan agreed with Watermole is to use the reel on the Kennet, Thames and the Dearne with hopefully a visit to the Colne slipped in.
Bumble
Let me know when you're planning to fish the Dearne so I can see this wonder for myself.
Iain

What is your favourite word?
I suspect it could be “love”, despite its drawbacks in the rhyming department.
Björn Ulvaeus

Watermole+
Chub

Post by Watermole+ »

Dear All,

As this project has now come to an end (and you are all probably getting bored with it anyway..!) here are some last pictures of some of them under construction, apart from the middle one which was finished this morning, except for balancing and calibration..

I would like to say a big "THANK YOU :Hat: " to every one of you who gave their time, help, advice and encouragement, besides all of the nice posted comments!

The field trials by such angling and casting experts has proved to be invaluable. Without their testing under such diverse conditions, I would never have known how it would perform under extreme conditions. As a result of their trialling, a few minor modifications were made to get the best out of it and so another THANK YOU to you also..

In time, there are plans to develop this reel further and the Mark 3 with incorporate a feather-light touch, rim-lever check and further improved line drum.

With kindest regards to all,

wm+

"Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? Yet one of them shall not fall without your Father knoweth" ..Jesus of Nazareth, King James AV

Return to “Traditional Reel Building and Restoring”