Making an Aerial-Match

A forum to show any of your restored or built traditional fishing reels.
Watermole+
Chub

Re: Making an Aerial-Match

Post by Watermole+ »

Just a quick update on this intended project to let you know that I haven’t forgotten it!

A lot of progress has been made in the background since my first appeal for assistance and I can tell you now that thanks to the amazing help, generosity and incredible trust by some of the members here, we now have a GO situation and I have started producing proper working drawings for a limited production run of five reels!

I would like to officially record here my most grateful thanks to (in no particular order) Surrey Martin, Nobby, Fredline and others, for such wonderful help, both offered and given freely and without whose help and assistance, this could never happen.

Thank you all..Gentlemen and scholars every one of you! :Hat:

Some of you have wondered how the backplates will be made.. Well, I have had time to think this out and can tell you that each backplate will be cut out from one solid piece of 6082 T6 aluminium alloy, INCLUDING the lineguard lugs and extended reel seat lug. NOTHING will be screwed on separately except of course, the brass saddle..and it wil all be done on the ancient Myford, using a special profile copycam on the spindle.

I hope to start fairly soon in the New Year so watch this space.....!

Kind regards to all,

wm+

"Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? Yet one of them shall not fall without your Father knoweth" ..Jesus of Nazareth, King James AV

CrayCane
Chub

Post by CrayCane »

That's great news wm+ . Glad to hear you are recovering and look forward to watching your progress with this project.
Pete

Harry H
Rainbow Trout

Post by Harry H »

Can't wait to see your reports and glad to hear you're obviously feeling better, just don't get carried away and over do it. :Hat:
There are three things that improve with age: wine, friendship and water sense, and there's no short cut.
Anthony Shepherdson

Surrey Martin
Roach

Post by Surrey Martin »

Sir
Glad to see you are back planning but please do not rush it and give yourself time to recover . I am sure I speak for all on this site that we would rather see you well first and the reels completed second.
Take care and have a good Christmas just planning the build as the work can start wh3n the weather is better.
Cheers
Surrey martin

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Surrey Martin wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:03 pm Sir
Glad to see you are back planning but please do not rush it and give yourself time to recover . I am sure I speak for all on this site that we would rather see you well first and the reels completed second.
Take care and have a good Christmas just planning the build as the work can start wh3n the weather is better.
Cheers
Surrey martin
I agree absolutely with this statement, enjoy the project Leszek, but slowly!! :Hat:

Crucian
Eel

Post by Crucian »

Great news, so nice to see you back on the forum, but don't rush things and have a relaxing Christmas.

Stathamender
Tench

Post by Stathamender »

I assume this is the one you mean https://vintagefishingtackle.co.uk/prod ... -pin-reel/. Some measurements, good photos and a 360° view.
Iain

What is your favourite word?
I suspect it could be “love”, despite its drawbacks in the rhyming department.
Björn Ulvaeus

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Nice find Stathamander, but wow what an asking price!

I can't wait to see the images of the making of this reel....a copycam on a lathe? Whatever next?!

Welcome back Leszek.

Stathamender
Tench

Post by Stathamender »

Nobby wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:45 am Nice find Stathamander, but wow what an asking price!

I can't wait to see the images of the making of this reel....a copycam on a lathe? Whatever next?!

Welcome back Leszek.
But it has been reduced for Xmas! Some fancy prices (as well as a persistent problem with the word Carter) elsewhere on the site: £95 for a Record Breaker!
Iain

What is your favourite word?
I suspect it could be “love”, despite its drawbacks in the rhyming department.
Björn Ulvaeus

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

:Chuckle:

Return to “Traditional Reel Building and Restoring”