This weekend I have mostly been....

A forum to show any of your restored or built traditional fishing reels.
AverageAngler
Gudgeon

This weekend I have mostly been....

Post by AverageAngler »

....a cleanin' and a lubin'!

I have not been out fishing for a while and have set aside considerable time this weekend to tidy up my tackle (modern and vintage) in readiness for some trips to the bank. I have derived great satisfaction from finally sorting out some old/vintage reels I have accumulated.

My victims have been 2 x Mitchell 324, 1 x Mitchell 300, 2 x Allcocks Aerialites and 1 x ELO (the last 3 are Bakelite swimming reels but I suspect you all knew that anyway). All have ben relubed and will be ready for some action soon :-)

Rich

Stour Otter
Grayling

Re: This weekend I have mostly been....

Post by Stour Otter »

AverageAngler wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:50 pm ....a cleanin' and a lubin'!

I have not been out fishing for a while and have set aside considerable time this weekend to tidy up my tackle (modern and vintage) in readiness for some trips to the bank. I have derived great satisfaction from finally sorting out some old/vintage reels I have accumulated.

My victims have been 2 x Mitchell 324, 1 x Mitchell 300, 2 x Allcocks Aerialites and 1 x ELO (the last 3 are Bakelite swimming reels but I suspect you all knew that anyway). All have ben relubed and will be ready for some action soon :-)

Rich
Nothing like a good tinker!
The good angler is not the one with expensive equipment. Common sense, observation and trying to realize
what is happening above and below water will catch fish no matter what price equipment you fish with.
L.A. Parker - This Fishing 1948

AverageAngler
Gudgeon

Re: This weekend I have mostly been....

Post by AverageAngler »

Stour Otter wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:54 am Nothing like a good tinker!
Sometimes I think I enjoy the tinkering as much as the fishing!

Return to “Traditional Reel Building and Restoring”