New Reel making project..

A forum to show any of your restored or built traditional fishing reels.
Tengisgol
Barbel

Re: New Reel making project..

Post by Tengisgol »

Thanks Loop! Just having a coffee and a break from chores and looking forward to this.
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

No words...

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

We have a lot of new TFF'ers and it occurred to me a moment ago that this was worth a 'bump'. For anyone that hasn't seen this thread before, fill your glass to the top, retire to your favourite seat, go to page one of the thread and prepare yourself for a jaw-dropping experience!

Anglingbear
Silver Bream

Post by Anglingbear »

I've just read this over the course of an hour. I struggle to put shelving up. Hats off to you waterhole, very VERY IMPRESSIVE!

Beryl

Post by Beryl »

Thanks for the bump. It's taken me two hours and very enjoyable too. I briefly got trained and used a lathe over a year, that's nothing. But I know enough to appreciate this thread. There is a lot of knowledge of materials and their properties and limitations the originator glosses over. Even maintainance of the lathe to get spot on indexing needs work behind the scenes. Making the cut is the easy bit.

Wonderful thread. Respect.

Trilob
Chub

Post by Trilob »

Oh wow. I hadn't seen this thread. thanks for the bump. absolutely sensational! :Hat:

Beryl

Post by Beryl »

Trilob wrote:Oh wow. I hadn't seen this thread. thanks for the bump. absolutely sensational! :Hat:
Another wonderful thread is about a Torbett rod. Again will take up most of your evening....

Beryl

Post by Beryl »

Tengisgol wrote:We have a lot of new TFF'ers and it occurred to me a moment ago that this was worth a 'bump'. For anyone that hasn't seen this thread before, fill your glass to the top, retire to your favourite seat, go to page one of the thread and prepare yourself for a jaw-dropping experience!
I'm all up for having a helping hand to the seminal posts on here. It's a huge place over time...

Evert van der Plas
Perch

Post by Evert van der Plas »

I am a great admirer of your work, and you are my teacher as well Watermole. thank you for posting your work in details and hope some day i can show my first reel over here.

Return to “Traditional Reel Building and Restoring”