First Post on the "Harvey Torbett" Forum

This forum belongs to Harvey D. Torbett.
AshbyCut
Honorary President

First Post on the "Harvey Torbett" Forum

Post by AshbyCut »

Many thanks to Mark for setting up a forum based around Harvey D. Torbett ... a place where information on the man, his angling, and his writings can be exchanged.

As I said in another post, I'm going to try to collect as many of the articles he wrote both under his name, and his nom de plume of "Isis," as an archive of this multi-facetted man ... and as a resource for the future.

Any help would be most gratefully received.
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Santiago
Wild Carp

Re: First Post on the "Harvey Torbett" Forum

Post by Santiago »

I've just ordered 3 of his books from Amazon. His Handbook on Fishing, Ledgering, and Freshwater Fishes. He also wrote about Swimming and Diving, and Canal Walks.
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

I knew about the swimming and diving BF, Sir. I was concentrating on the angling ... but I did not know about Canal Walks ... another for me to look out for. Thank you.
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Santiago
Wild Carp

Post by Santiago »

Called 'Towpath Tours' published 1960, http://www.amazon.co.uk/Towpath-tours-H ... 27&sr=1-12

From Amazon! But sadly unavailable! (at the moment)
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

BigFish wrote:Called 'Towpath Tours' published 1960, http://www.amazon.co.uk/Towpath-tours-H ... 27&sr=1-12

From Amazon! But sadly unavailable! (at the moment)
Ah ... that explains it, Sir. I have "Towpath Tours" which is a collection of thumbnail sketches of his favourite rivers for angling ... not canals.

The rivers covered are Medway, Darenth, Thurne, Waveney, Hampshire Avon, Hampshire Stour, Lea, Arun, Ouse, and Colne.

Return to “Harvey D. Torbett”