Help Identify this rod please....

The Other Traditional Rods forum.
Paul_Atack
Stickleback

Help Identify this rod please....

Post by Paul_Atack »

Could anyone help identify this rod please?

Its 10 and a half feet long, inscribed with allcocks and co Redditch in the brass

Condition of the rod is pretty good, apart from the bottom ring in which the agate is badly grooved so will need replacement

Any help greatfully received

Paul

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Re: Help Identify this rod please....

Post by Dave Burr »

Beats me but there is a post somewhere on the forum that lists all known allcocks rods. There may be a clue in the list.

Lovatt
Perch

Post by Lovatt »

Hello Paul, like several other people here I also have some old Allcocks anglers guides. if you can describe the make up for the rod to us we may be able to help you, for example whole cane butt, whole cane middle, with or without a splice ? looks like a whole cane spliced tip but what is it spliced with Greenheart, wood, or split cane ? if the middle is spliced there are a couple of matches at the 10 1/2 foot length. If you are still looking for some info about the rod continue the post and we'll see what we come up with.

Regards Lovat
Last edited by Lovatt on Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Are the ferrules spigotted ?
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Lovatt
Perch

Post by Lovatt »

Looking at my 1939 1940 Allcocks Anglers guide it could be earlier than that, possibly 1930s something worst case scenario a Franken rod.

Return to “Other Traditional Cane Rods”