Anyone heard of G.BAKER mk4 split cane carp rods (1961+1962 )

The Other Traditional Rods forum.
Tonytoned
Arctic Char

Anyone heard of G.BAKER mk4 split cane carp rods (1961+1962 )

Post by Tonytoned »

Hello Everyone

G.BAKER mk4 split cane carp rods (1961+1962 )

Does anyone know of, heard of this maker. All information would be greatly received. Many thanks

Tony :Hat:

Rutland Rod
Arctic Char

Re: Anyone heard of G.BAKER mk4 split cane carp rods (1961+1962 )

Post by Rutland Rod »

Tony, this may be a red herring but yesterday I went into an antique/junk warehouse in Norfolk, one dealer sells fishing tackle, amongst the jumble of rods mostly carbon/glass was a 3 piece cane rod in its canvas bag, but the hexagonal split cane was painted black....with green whips, it was a 12ft match type rod, the price tag said by G.Baker first class condition..and £95 ! I didn’t take it out and give it a better inspection. When back there I will see if it’s still there and has a transfer with any info on it.
Dave

Tonytoned
Arctic Char

Re: Anyone heard of G.BAKER mk4 split cane carp rods (1961+1962 )

Post by Tonytoned »

Rutland Rod wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:11 pm Tony, this may be a red herring but yesterday I went into an antique/junk warehouse in Norfolk, one dealer sells fishing tackle, amongst the jumble of rods mostly carbon/glass was a 3 piece cane rod in its canvas bag, but the hexagonal split cane was painted black....with green whips, it was a 12ft match type rod, the price tag said by G.Baker first class condition..and £95 ! I didn’t take it out and give it a better inspection. When back there I will see if it’s still there and has a transfer with any info on it.
Dave
Thanks Dave

Unfortunately this is all the information I had. My friend said they look similar to Richard Walker Mk 4's.

:Hat:

Return to “Other Traditional Cane Rods”