Pleasant stroll and meeting new friends.

This forum belongs to Mapperley Reservoir.
Shaun Harrison
Zander

Pleasant stroll and meeting new friends.

Post by Shaun Harrison »

Had a rather pleasant stroll around Mapperley this afternoon. SK had mentioned he wanted to call in so living just 5 miles away I volunteered to show him and his travelling companion for the day Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson around.

I arrived early and took the obligatory stroll along the dam and soon spotted a pike of possibly 10lb prepare itself to launch an attack on some fry. When the attack took place it must have had a mouthful of tiny fish that had lived such a short life for after the explosion of water I didn't see it again.

I then sat in the middle of the dam and felt compelled to make a few notes in my journal and whilst doing so and almost as if ordered, a carp bow waved along in front of me. Next thing a car came rolling down the hill and onto the dam and sure enough it was SK and Fennel which put paid to any more scribbled notes. Quick hand shakes through the window and I followed Fennel's rather loaded car by foot back to the car park where we were able to meet and greet properly. It is the first time I have met Fennel in person but have corresponded with him.

The walk and the chat was most pleasant in beautiful surroundings and not a carp angler in sight - perfect.

Upon arriving at the famous Mapperley out of bounds (to angling) shallows we found a lot of Mapperley carp going about their business with seemingly not a care in the world. Lots of moments in time were captured within SK and Fennels cameras and all too soon it was time for us all to go our own way. Before parting I produced the landing net that had netted 'The Bishop' for Chris Yates. Fennel's face was a picture and once the photographs were taken and I took custody of the only Fennel Journal I have not yet read, we really did get along our own ways again.

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Re: Pleasant stroll and meeting new friends.

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Many thanks for showing us around Shaun, it was great to meet up again. The stroll was just perfect and fulfilled another ambition. :Hat:

Mapperley was looking wonderful...
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Return to “Mapperley Reservoir”