Worcester canal

This forum belong to the other Canals.
Wandering Mark

Worcester canal

Post by Wandering Mark »

Has anyone fished the canal between the Severn and Perdiswell? Was wondering what was in there?

Thanks

Wandering Mark

Re: Worcester canal

Post by Wandering Mark »

Having moved back to Worcester and making a few enquiries I have answered my own question. Worcester and District United Anglers Association (WDUAA) have the fishing rights on the Worcester canal from Mill street to Blackpole road. I bumped into a chap fishing the canal on Friday and he said there are Gudgeon, Perch, Skimmer Bream and in some stretches Carp. The WDUAA also have a few swims on the Severn quite local to me and only £30 a year for honorary membership. I think this is very reasonable so I will be joining next pay day so I can take advantage of the canal 20 yards form my front door.

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Sounds like a bargain, Sir.
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Mario
Eel

Post by Mario »

They very good stretches of river but they used to have a lot more very good stretches which they gave up sadly

Wandering Mark

Post by Wandering Mark »

Mazza wrote:They very good stretches of river but they used to have a lot more very good stretches which they gave up sadly
Yes they have also just lost Claire's pools but still have piddle lake out of which I caught a 2lb Mirror and my first Skimmer Bream a few weeks back. The canal is far more interesting though with Gudgeon, Tench, Perch and Carp recorded at 20lb. My only fish so far was a nice Common of about 2lb caught on luncheon meat, lovely fish that fought well. In the rain we had last night I managed to go worm rustling so will be after some of those perch this afternoon.

Mike Jordan
Minnow

Post by Mike Jordan »

I actually live on the Worcester and Birmingham Canal and there is some extremely good fishing to be had. There is not only a good head of most species but some large specimens of them too. Best baits tend to be the good old fashioned ones, even the stretches that have matches on respond better to them than they do to the range of stuff that the matchmen chuck in. It can really them off actually when they catch whatever with their artic- loads of expensive bait and find out that you've caught more with a loaf of bread and a few worms! There are an awful lot of local anglers that will go and fish a commercial fishery and won't even consider the cut...they just don't realise what they're missing, not that I mind as its more peaceful for me!

Return to “Other Canals”