Regents Canal - paddington area

This forum belong to the other Canals.
King Of The Ghetto
Minnow

Regents Canal - paddington area

Post by King Of The Ghetto »

I am going to start fishing this on Friday nights, after work. It looks a really interesting venue, starting at Paddington all the way up toward Lisson Grove. There are even a few anglers here and there.

Anyone fish it also after work?

Paul_V
Bleak

Re: Regents Canal - paddington area

Post by Paul_V »

hi.

did fish it as a kid back in the early 70's

lovely part of London.... on the canal especially. many a happy day spent there. it's like being miles and miles outside the city. a magical, memorable spot.

enjoy. what a nice way to end a days work.

Paul

King Of The Ghetto
Minnow

Yes, the stretch from Lisson Grove through Regents park is something else. You can walk for half hour and barely pass a soul. And it screams big carp, too.

I am looking forward to fishing well into the night, and yes a very lovely part of London.

King Of The Ghetto
Minnow

In the paddington basin yesterday, in tap water like clear water, saw, i reckon, a high twenty, about 27lb, a mirror - at least 7 inches wide across his shoulders. Saw a handful of 10-15lbers too. That part of the basin is too overly managed for fishing, lots of sky scraper yuppy flats and offices bordering the water - I have a feeling the security guards in the area would be all over me within minutes of setting up. I have been fishing a quart-mile or so further up at Little Venice where the water is darker, and I haven't even seen a carp yet, let alone a bite. I just wonder if it has any residents, or if the huge, beautiful fish I see the basin ever wander their way up to Little Venice (for a skinny latte, perhaps - ah metropolis fishing). That part of the canal has so much dead water - you can literally walk for 5 minutes and not see a single fish, big or small. But there is definitely, in patches, all sorts in there. Weirdos seen - a guy who sat on the opposite bank to me, staring at me for 30 minutes non-stop. A few bored teens using the park behind me to smoke weed. Pissed up hen parties on boats, dancing to brutal 90s pop music. The best time is around twilight when the boats stop, the tourists loose their bottle, and it's largely just me and the house boat dwellers canal side.

The Tuesday Swim
Grayling

Post by The Tuesday Swim »

Huge carp, keep moving until you spot them and then use a simple piece of bread flake and a swan shot and watch the line you can use a float. Sprinkle a few pieces of sweetcorn around the area you fish but keep it tight. They seem to like bread throughout the canals in London, dawn and dusk before the cyclists arrive also makes it more enjoyable.

Return to “Other Canals”