Exeter canal

This forum belong to the other Canals.
Cooperman

Exeter canal

Post by Cooperman »

If you want very good perch,pike and tench fishing the Exeter canal takes some beating.It is far from easy but if you live nearby well worth a visit,Just bring your weed rake if its summer.

Carp Artist
Arctic Char

Re: Exeter canal

Post by Carp Artist »

Fished the canal many years ago, fished the lime kilns area I think it was called?
Not a fish was visible that first time I visited Beechmere; an utter
stillness brooded over the place and I felt the strange and sinister atmosphere which, so the story goes,
has been the cause of several suicides.’
BB – Confessions of a Carp Fisher

Cooperman

Post by Cooperman »

There still is some good bream fishing if you can find them with a very good average size.As for the litter it's not that bad now still get a bit the worst i encountered was from a family who left alot of litter one night baited hooks to nylon drink cans and paper plates.luck would have it me and my mate were doing the night and picked it up before anyone could see it.But as a rule it is fairly clean and people are good.And yes it is the lime kilns.That area for the tench early season.

Carp Artist
Arctic Char

Post by Carp Artist »

Just been looking at some british canal records and I see exeter ship canal has produced three record species . Carp 43lb 2oz Pete Gregory 1990 Exeter Ship, Devon. Bream 9lb 4oz,Dave Sellick ..2012 Exeter Ship, Devon. Pike 31lb 14oz,Danny Parkins Nov 2010 Exeter Ship, Devon.
Not a fish was visible that first time I visited Beechmere; an utter
stillness brooded over the place and I felt the strange and sinister atmosphere which, so the story goes,
has been the cause of several suicides.’
BB – Confessions of a Carp Fisher

BBDave
Silver Bream

Post by BBDave »

This is good news it's only about a 20 min cycle ride away for me.

Dave

ExeAngler
Chub

Post by ExeAngler »

Staying back home outside Exeter in August, so hope to get out for a few hours and fish my old stalking ground. I think a few hours at the Swans Next section my be on the Cards. Then take the Wife and Kids out for the day. Hopefully may get a Bream. Even if I don't, it is always a pleasure to fish there in the Summer.

Return to “Other Canals”