Bude canal

This forum belong to the other Canals.
Carp Artist
Arctic Char

Bude canal

Post by Carp Artist »

Does anyone fish Bude Canal ? I use to fish it in the late 70's and early 80's . There used to be some cracking common carp caught up to about low twenties. Just wondered how the canal and the carp are getting on?
Not a fish was visible that first time I visited Beechmere; an utter
stillness brooded over the place and I felt the strange and sinister atmosphere which, so the story goes,
has been the cause of several suicides.’
BB – Confessions of a Carp Fisher

Cooperman

Re: Bude canal

Post by Cooperman »

I have not fished Bude canal but have walked it many times.a few years ago the lock gate at the end got smashed by the sea and the lower section of the canal went south.They did however see this happening and shut the middle gate and saved most of it.I walked down it last year and saw plenty of carp and also a huge bream,i went into the tackle shop and was told the bream go up to 6lb ish,the one i saw wasn't far of a double.so worth a dabble i think.

ExeAngler
Chub

Re: Bude canal

Post by ExeAngler »

I fished with my children on the Budge canal last Thursday. It is a lovely place but very busy this time of year. With the amount of boats, canoes, and sailable Swan craft going up and down it was like "Dartmouth" regatta. 3 boats crashed into each other right in front of our Swim. It was at that point we packed up.

Somehow we managed 4 Skimmer Bream, a little Rudd and a 3.5 lb Bream. The biggest fish coming to the Old Mordex and Mitchell 410, which my son was using, which was NICE!

Return to “Other Canals”